Requisition ID: req38217
Job Title: Child and Youth Protection Development Coordinator – Erbil
Sector: Child Protection
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Erbil, Iraq
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (www.rescue.org) is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation, protection, post-conflict development, resettlement services and advocacy for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC has long-term programs based in Baghdad and Erbil, as well as emergency response programs supporting Syrian refugees. At work today in over 40 countries and 26 U.S. cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity, and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
The IRC Iraq program was established in 2003 and is currently providing humanitarian assistance in the sectors of child protection, GBV, protection and rule of law, cash, livelihood, and governance. The IRC Iraq’s main office is based in Erbil, with field offices in Baghdad, Ninewa, Kirkuk, and Anbar.
SCOPE OF WORK: The Child and Youth Protection and Development (CYPD) coordinator is responsible for the overall management and support of partnerships and strategic Children and Youth Programming in Iraq. This includes sector strategy development, proposal development, technical oversight of partners, staff management and development, administrative supervision, budget management, grants compliance, and local partner and government relations. The CYPD Coordinator will be based in Erbil and is expected to travel a minimum of 40% of her/his time to project locations, taking into consideration IRC’s Iraq security protocols.
Program Management, Technical Quality, and Strategy
- Coordinate and manage IRC’s CYPD portfolio in Iraq and provide strategic direction, leadership, and overall technical and management support to CYPD’s direct and partnership programs in line with Iraq’s Strategic Action Plan (SAP)
- Lead the development, adaptation, and implementation of the sectoral strategy aligning with the IRC Iraq SAP
- Coordinate and work with the program team to ensure integrative programming into the development of new proposals.
- Provide clear technical support, supervisory guidance, training, and mentoring to the CYPD and partner teams in Iraq to ensure consistent, harmonized, and quality program design and implementation;
- Closely coordinate with other sector coordinators and managers to ensure programming is integrated in accordance with program grants and directions.
- Oversee implementation of CYPD partnership and direct service deliveries, management of budgets (budget forecasting, development of spending plans and budget follow-up) and reporting in accordance with IRC and donor regulations.
- Ensure that all interventions are in compliance with the IRC’s program framework, international CYPD and educational standards and national policies.
- Ensure that programs are in line with INEE Minimum Standards, CP Minimum Standards, and SPHERE.
- Proactively support the continued growth of the Iraq CYPD portfolio through the development of concept notes and proposals to existing and new donors, maintaining a coherent strategy across IRC’s areas of intervention in Iraq
- Proactively increase the pool of CP local partners and work with the partnership team to reach IRC partnership goals;
- Support the identification of opportunities for CP programming initiatives in support of service delivery and/or thought leadership in collaboration with country program senior management, business development staff, and technical advisors. Collaborate with partners on the identification of business development opportunities and the design of new interventions;
- Contribute to joint learning and reflection opportunities to implementing, strategic local partners, the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (MolSa), the Ministry of Education (MoE) and the Ministry of Youth and sport (MoYs).
- Work closely and coordinate with relevant ministries, BAR Association, and the human rights commission to influence progress toward national Child protection action plans, strategies and initiatives to ensure greater investments in Child and Youth protection and development and greater access to suitable services.
- Contribute to Capacity development of CYPD Iraq staff on IRC’s PEER’s partnership approach and Partnership strategy & Guidelines and relevant partnership tools on regular basis.
- Provide leadership and support on processes related to stakeholder analyses, scoping, identification, assessment, and selection of sector partners in accordance with IRC Iraq’s partnership goals.
- Ensure oversight on compliance with the IRC PEER standards, and ensure that CYPD staff are aware of the various partnership and donor compliance standards.
- Actively identify, build, and promote partnerships with INGOs, UN agencies, local and national civil society organizations, local government, and networks working on child and youth protection and development priorities aligned with the Child Protection and human rights national action plan
- Proactively work with other IRC program sectors and technical units to identify synergies and develop effective referral pathways.
Grant Monitoring & Reporting
- Ensure all partner and direct delivery monitoring activities are fully documented, including systematic and timely data collection required under each grant and for IRC M&E purposes.
- Support the preparation and implementation of detailed program spending, procurement, and work plans for all CP projects.
- Ensure that monitoring and evaluation systems are developed (including indicator tracking sheets) and implemented in all CYPD partner programs, that activity, output, and effect data are captured in an accurate and efficient manner, and that programs are continually tailored to optimize quality and efficiency.
- Work with CYPD and partner staff to design robust monitoring tools for remote monitoring and ensure program quality including achievement measurements.
- Actively engage in Project cycle meetings, and coordination meetings to update progresses, and identify solutions based on need.
- Contribute, follow, and support partners to report progresses to the IRC on weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Produce/contribute to IRC and donor reports as per set schedules (monthly, quarterly and annually) on grant activities, indicators and achievements
- Undertake regular field monitoring visits of IRC as well as CYPD partner activities to assess progress and identify technical quality issues and/or other implementation issues, provide solutions and implement modifications as required.
- Monitor sub Awards to local partners; conduct field visits, monitoring and supervision; work with grants and partnership unit to conduct partner assessments and capacity-building plans, track capacity-building progress; and review partner proposals and reports.
Representation and coordination
- Build strong relationships with local and national government officials, ABC members, donors and other stakeholders, establishing IRC as a key actor in the CYPD sector, as outlined in IRC’s Strategy.
- Serve on coordinating bodies and represent IRC in relevant stakeholder meetings
- Build relationships with local organizations; conduct partner mapping and snapshots; collaborate with partners on project design.
Staff Supervision & Development
- Manage the CYPD team, providing continuous support and ensuring capacity building of staff, promoting a strong team spirit and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform duties.
- Discuss job expectations, set objectives and provide appropriate and timely feedback regarding performance, including timely implementation of the annual staff performance management system.
- Clearly define the training needs of direct reports and ensure they can access training and professional development resources appropriate to their skill gaps/needs.
- Work closely with staff from various programmatic and operational teams to deliver high-quality activities at the community level, ensuring solid cooperation.
- Ensure timely completion and submission of monthly timesheets, reviews and performance reviews.
- Maintain open and professional relations with team members, promoting a strong team spirit and providing oversight and guidance to enable staff to successfully perform in their positions including staff development plans.
- Lead with commitment, integrity and accountability (“IRC Way” – Global Standards for Professional Conduct)
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to Deputy Director of Programs
Position directly supervises 1 Partnership Technical Support manager, 1 Quality Assurance and Capacity Building manager, and 1 CYPD Data and Information Management Officer.
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: HQ partnership and T echnicalAdvisors, other IRC programs and support departments.
External: all relevant donors, ABCs, NGOs, DPOs, partners, ministries, stakeholders, and government agencies.
- University degree in International social work, Social studies, International Development, Psychology or a related field.
- Excellent professional track record with at least 5 years of management-level experience in child protection, education and youth programming with an International NGO
- Strong strategic thinking and proposal writing skills
- Strong proficiency in budget management, grants management and reporting.
- Strong leadership, staff management and capacity-building skills.
- Excellent communication skills, cultural sensitivity, flexibility, ability to improvise, and team player.
- Ability to live and productively work under stress and in insecure and harsh environments while
- Experience working in positive partnerships with local actors across Iraq
- Solid organizational skills, with a proven ability to prioritize projects with attention to detail.
- Excellent Computer skills: MS Word, Excel, PTT, Outlook
- Excellent English; fluent in Arabic.
- Willingness to spend about 40% to 50% of the time in the field.
Note: The list of responsibilities and professional and personal skills are considered indicative and not exhaustive; actual duties may differ or change depending on office and agency priorities at the time.
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
Gender Equality IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including maternity leave, gender-sensitive security protocols, and other supportive benefits and allowances. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Per the Iraqi Ministry of Health COVID-19 guidelines, IRC requires candidates who are selected for positions to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination to enter IRC premises. However, the exemption is only accepted per the Iraqi Health regulation and upon the provision of a negative PCR test.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity: IRC is committed to building a diverse organization and a climate of inclusivity. We strongly encourage applications from candidates who can demonstrate that they can contribute to this goal.
Equal Opportunity Employer: We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Notice to all Job Seekers
IRC implements an equal employment opportunity policy, and our recruitment process is based on merit.
Applicants and/or successful interview candidates (both internal and external) are not required to pay any fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
If anyone asks you for any financial or non-financial favors to help you secure a job at IRC, kindly report to [email protected].
ملاحظة لكل الباحثين عن وظيفة
تعتمد لجنة الانقاذ الدولية سياسة فرص عمل متساوية وان عملية التوظيف لدينا تعتمد على الجدارة .
لايتوجب على المتقدمين لاي وظيفة او المؤهلين للمقابلات (سواء كانوا موظفيين حالين او متقدمين من خارج المنظمة) دفع اي مبلغ مالي خلال اي مرحلة من مراحل التوظيف.
اذا قام اي شخص بطلب اي خدمة مالية او غير مالية لقاء مساعدتكم في تأمين فرصة عمل داخل المنظمة ،يرجى الابلاغ عن ذلك الى [email protected]