|Position Title:||Child Protection Social Worker|
|Position Type:||Full Time|
|Contract Type:||Fixed Term|
|Reports To||Child Protection Case Manager and Project Coordinator|
|Application Closing Date
IQJ Scout is looking to hire a Child Protection Social Worker on behalf of an NGO in iraq as per the requirements below:
Under the guidance of the Project Coordinator the Child Protection Social Worker will identify, document, and manage cases of vulnerable children in international organization,Community Support Center (CSC), providing timely and quality support to children and their family.In support of this activity, the Child Protection Social Worker will coordinate with relevant child protection actors and service providers, child protection committees, and members of the communities to support individual cases and, where appropriate, arranging and supporting care. The position will be based in HawijaCSC. Occasional travel to other areas may also be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify and document vulnerable children including separated and unaccompanied minors.
- Document the separated and unaccompanied children according to the standard family tracing and reunification procedures. Conduct community awareness on identification of vulnerable children and the process of registration of separated/unaccompanied children including family tracing.
- Refer cases with specific needs to the competent service providers, follow up and document referred cases and ensure that urgent and challenging cases are immediately discussed with direct supervisors.
- Conduct follow–up visits on temporary care arrangements of cases. Actively conduct tracing of families in collaboration with the community members and local authorities, and in coordination with other relevant humanitarian actors
- Report any violation of the child safe guarding policy.
- Work with cultural sensitivity and respect the dignity of vulnerable children and families and members of the host communities at all times.
- Conduct focus group discussions with beneficiaries (parents and children) on the delivery of activities. Registers information collected through appropriate reporting tools and report this information to Project Coordinator/ Case manager officer.
- Work with the Project Coordinator and Case manager officer to create effective work plans and monitoring tools for case management activities.
- Liaise with relevant child protection agencies and other stakeholders such as the Child Protection Working on the issue of unaccompanied and separated children and other child protection issues.
- Work with children and agencies to take follow up action based on recommendations made by the best interest determination panel.
- Provide continuous feedback to the team members and project manager on any challenges in the work implementation to be addressed directly with corrective steps/measures if needed.
- Ensure Case tracker is regularly reviewed, updated and submitted to the project manager and M&E team on monthly basis.
- The post holder complies with the Child Safeguarding Policy, Safety Policy and Anti–Fraud and Corruption Policy.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor degree is favorable, diploma, working experience, Social work background preferred.
- Prior professional experience in a similar post is an asset.
- Previous work experience with children is an asset.
- Ability to work independently in a rapidly changing professional environment with a view towards establishing administrative procedures and protocol that will ensure optimal functioning of the Operation.
- Good interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion.
- Previous experience or understanding of the human rights, social and political environment in Iraq.
- High ability to interpret, analyze,and synthesize information in a fast–paced environment.
- A strong commitment to human rights and to implementation of international humanitarian principles.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week, and as needed to work more time and according to demand
Language Skills:Excellent command of English and Arabic are required and any local languages.
- English Proficiency Level Required: Advanced
- Arabic Proficiency Level Required: Native
- Kurdish Proficiency Level Required: Advanced
- Microsoft Office (e.g. Outlook, Word, PowerPoint), and other software applicable to the area of work.
- Proficiency in using the emails.
Competencies required for the job
Collaborative spirit and ability to work independently as well as in a team; commitment to knowledge sharing and teamwork; positive attitude and ability to see through challenges to find solutions; and strong interpersonal skills and an ability to clearly communicate, including complex concepts into layperson language.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter (1 page maximum) explaining your interest and how your experience meets the qualifications required.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear back from us within 4 weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful
- Address Hawija