We are looking to employ a qualified Childcarer, who has a passion for instilling values in young children. The Childcarer should possess high energy and the ability to handle the demands of babies and toddlers with different personalities and needs.
To ensure success, the Childcarer should display a gentle and nurturing personality, and the patience to assist each infant or child to mature cognitively. They should be able to assist in developing the infants’ and children’s social skills as they interact with each other.
- Guiding babies and toddlers through basic education/development programs.
- Creating a child-friendly environment reflecting the child’s interests, including all areas of the room; i.e., blocks, dramatic play, manipulatives, etiquette, art, science, math, and music.
- Responding to a child’s needs efficiently.
- Displaying a patient and calm personality coupled with a loving approach to a child.
- Contributing positively to the behavior and social interaction of the child.
- Building secure relationships with the child.
- Keeping a diary of the day’s events for parent perusal.
- Reporting accidents, illness, and unusual behavior of a child.
- Ensures that the child is supervised at all times as well as in the bathroom.
- Ensuring close communication with parents throughout the day should the need arise.
Cleans and disinfects mouthed toys before next use, chairs and toys when soiled or at least weekly, mats/cots weekly.
- B.A degree in a pedagogical or equivalent field is preferable.
- Previous experience in a preschool.
- A passion for working with babies and toddlers.
- Patient, nurturing, and thoughtful.
- Maintain discretion around children’s records.
- Fluent in English.
- Oral Communication and Listening Skills
- Professionalism/ has good work habits, is in place and ready to work at the scheduled time, and shows no undue tardiness or absenteeism.
- Creative / Artistic abilities.