Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting for a Civil and Structural Integrity Engineer on a 4/4 rotation located in Basra, Iraq.
- Focal point for civil and structural engineering activities on the Rumaila field, comprising 14 degassing stations, 2 water treatment plants, 6 water injection pump stations and over 1000 pipelines and flowlines.
- Responsible for developing and managing the implementation of the Structural Integrity Management System, including risk-based assessments and inspection regime to drive risk reduction across the field.
- Mentor and coach local national Civil and Structural practitioners on the application of international standards and best practice within ROO facilities
- Provide civil and structural engineering expertise to ROO, delivering safe and reliable operations in accordance with ROO values.
- Ensure pragmatic solutions are identified and implemented to manage risk, production efficiency, defect elimination and standardisation, to deliver safe, reliable and compliant operations.
- Act as technical authority for civil and structural issues and sign off on MOC
- Uphold and update the ROO technical standards for Structural Engineering Integrity
- Accountable for the technical support of Structural queries using the ROO TQ/EQ system
- Develop and maintain Structural Integrity Management System (SIMS) coverall all aspect of civil and structural facilities.
- Owner of the Civil/Structural risk assessment processes for all ROO facilities.
- Accountable for Major and Small Projects handover of Structural elements to Operations
- Support the development of risk-based inspection systems.
- Accountable for the definition, monitoring, and maintenance of structural Bow Ties and barrier health
- Responsible for the specification, maintenance, and analysis of monitoring systems.
- Monitoring and review of periodic discipline KPIs and performance indicators.
- Demonstrate leadership and compliance with ROO HSSE expectations.
- Provide civil and structural support to failure analysis, RCAs, incident investigations and Fitness for Service evaluations as required
- Record relevant learning in shared learning systems, incorporate into local activities, specifications/practices/procedures and escalate high priority lessons.
- Identification of continuous improvement opportunities for civil and structural integrity management strategies and procedures.
- Ability to mentor and coach local national civil and structural engineers.
Skills / Qualifications
Minimum educational / certification requirements:
- Degree qualified in Civil/Structural engineering
- Professional accreditation, such as Professional Engineer or Chartered Engineer
Minimum experience requirements:
- 10 Years industry experience in the field of civil and structural integrity management & engineering, of which 5 years should be in a senior position in an integrity management environment in a major oil and gas facility.
- 5+ years experience in onshore oil/gas/petrochemical civil/structural roles
- Detailed knowledge of relevant industry codes and standards
- Technical application and management of RBA / RBI methodology
- Technical knowledge of structural steel support systems design and operation, repair
- Technical knowledge of civils / concrete systems design, operation and repair
- Technical knowledge of civil / structural inspection/testing techniques selection, limitations, restrictions, and assessment of results.
- Extensive onshore civil / structural integrity management experience.
- Previous experience of working in a multicultural environment.
- Previous experience of working in a major oil and gas environment within a top tier COMAH site
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.