Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Civil/Structural Designer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. Candidate must be able to work on daily basis in Basra, Iraq.
- To promote safe behaviour at all times.
- Maybe required to perform site surveys and data gathering exercises at various project locations.
- To provide discipline specific design and drafting services that meet the Project’s, and applicable statutory and regulatory, requirements.
- To provide technical support to the site team during design, engineering and construction.
- Preparation and checking of all types of civil and structural design deliverables such as General Arrangement Drawings, civil earthworks drawings, structural drawings, 3D Models, structural steel details, Material Take-Offs, etc.
- Interdisciplinary check of all Civil/Structural/Piping/Mechanical/Electrical/Instrumentation drawings.
- Review of vendor drawings for Equipment / Package items.
- Produce drawings in AutoCAD.
- To assist in the coordination of all activities related to the discipline
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma or HNC in Civil engineering (or relevant subject).
- Strong commitment to safety.
- Relevant experience in the Oil and Gas industry.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, Excel and Word.
- PDMS experience required as a minimum.
- Experience of 3D modelling using E3D preferred.
- Must be able to work to an agreed scope, budget and schedule.
- An active listener with the ability to focus on customer requirements
- Experience in the preparation and co-ordination of Civil and Structural design deliverables.
- Thorough awareness of international codes and standards used for Mechanical and/or Piping design in Oil & Gas industry.
- Extensive experience with prefabricated, packaged plant design.
- Compliance with industry, international and client Codes and Standards.
- Maintain suitable records of correspondence and work completed for reference and auditing purposes.
- Knowledge of site-based project work involving field engineering and construction.
- Experience of working with multi-national and multi-cultural project teams is strongly preferred.
- Previous experience of working in the Middle East would be an advantage.
- Good communicator with willingness to share knowledge and support others.
- Strong team working ethic, positive, enthusiastic and Proactive.
- An active listener with the ability to focus on customer requirement.
- Flexible and adaptable.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English language.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!