Job Title: CLASSROOM TEACHER
Dohuk British International School is one of the top schools located in Duhok, Iraqi Kurdistan that provides international education to its community. Duhok is situated in northern Iraq. It is the 3rd largest city in the Iraqi-Kurdistan region and hosts many eateries and shopping destinations.
Our school follows Cambridge Assessment International Education. The students following this path will complete IGCSE/AS/A levels. And we also provide SAT examinations for our students who choose to follow that pathway. We seek to provide a well-rounded education for our students, emphasizing on good values and skills needed in higher education.
Positions available: Classroom Teacher
Location: Duhok, Iraqi-Kurdistan
Contact days: 189 days, beginning September 1st, 2022
Salary Range: Competitive and Commensurate with experience.
Other benefits: Accommodation and utilities are free, return ticket home is issued in the summer of the following year.
Contract Term: 10 months (September 1st, 2022 to June 30th)
Position closing date: Open until filled; screening begins Sunday, October 2, 2022.
To plan, organize, and implement an appropriate instructional program in a primary learning environment that guides and encourages students to develop and fulfill their academic potential. Work is performed under the supervision of the principal and vice principal.
Essential functions of the job may include but are not limited to the following:
- Plan, prepare, and deliver lesson plans and instructional materials that facilitate active learning.
- Develops schemes of work, lesson plans, and tests that are in accordance with established procedures.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment.
- Use relevant technology to support and differentiate instruction.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures.
- Maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school.
- Provide appropriate feedback on work.
- Encourage and monitor the progress of individual students and use the information to adjust teaching strategies.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of student’s progress and development.
- Update all necessary records accurately and completely as required by laws, district policies, and school regulations.
- Prepare required reports on students and activities.
- Participate in department, school, district, and parent meetings.
- Communicate necessary information regularly to students, colleagues, and parents regarding student progress and needs.
- Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
- Prepare the classroom for class activities.
- Provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities.
- Observe and evaluate students’ performance and development.
- Assign and grade class work, homework, tests, and assignments.
Other functions of the job include but are not limited to the following
- Demonstrate preparation and skill in working with students from diverse cultural, economic, and ability backgrounds.
- Encourage parent and community involvement, and obtain information for parents when requested via ClassDojo and emails.
- Participate in appropriate professional activities.
- Participate in extracurricular activities such as social activities, sporting activities, clubs, and student organizations as directed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills and Ability Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- B.A/B.S degree in teaching from an accredited institution or related field teaching.
- At least 2 years of experience as a full-time teacher.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Must have the ability and proven ability to report to work on a regular and punctual basis.
- Perform all other related work delegated or required to accomplish the objectives of the total school program.
- Knowledge and implementation of relevant technology.
- Meet professional teacher education requirements of school, district, and state.
The search committee will begin a review of applications immediately and continue work until an appointment is made. To assure full consideration include a letter of interest, analysis of qualifications, and curriculum vitae. Applications and nominations should be sent electronically with the subject “Classroom Teacher” to the Head of Administration at ([email protected]).
- Address Duhok, Kevla 2, Next to Arya City USD Month
- How to apply Application Process: The search committee will begin a review of applications immediately and continue work until an appointment is made. To assure full consideration include a letter of interest, analysis of qualifications, and curriculum vitae. Applications and nominations should be sent electronically with the subject “Classroom Teacher” to the Head of Administration at ([email protected]).