Requisition ID: req21101
Job Title: Cleaner/ Anbar-Fallujah
Sector: Protection and rule of law
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Anbar, Iraq
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee is a prominent international organization working in relief, rehabilitation, protection, post-conflict development, resettlement services and advocacy for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression.
Working in coordination with the humanitarian community, the IRC currently addresses the needs of war-affected populations from several operational bases across Iraq. Our activities focus primarily on the supply of vital medications and medical equipment, non-food items, water and sanitation and women and children’s protection, and form part of an over-arching humanitarian response in Jordan, Lebanon, Turkey, Iraq and the region that seeks to assist refugees, IDPs and war-affected people survive conflict and displacement.
Under the supervision of the PRoL Manager/and, or Admin support officer , the cleaner is specifically responsible for day-to-day office cleaning as well as maintenance requirements; performing a wide range of admin and facilities activities and support to IRC Fallujah center to facilitate the efficient operation of the organization.
· Sweep the floors and stairs every morning (taking care not to damage electrical equipment on the floor such as UPS, electrical wire etc);
· Wash the floors, stairs, and other areas thoroughly at least twice a week;
· Dust the desks, walls and cupboards every day (taking care not to damage office equipment on the dusted areas);
· Clean the center sinks, toilets, and wash rooms once a day;
· Clear and dispose of the rubbish from the office at least once a day.
· Keep the kitchen clean at all times, including cleaning the inside of the fridge once per week;
· Replace light bulbs and carrying out minor maintenance tasks as required;
· Inform the line manager of any repairs or replacements required of maintenance equipment;
· Monthly planning of procurement of all cleaning items to be submitted to the line manager (e.g. cleaning fluid, garbage bags, soap, toilet paper etc);
· Any other related duty assigned by the line manager.
· Movement of furniture among the center.
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Protection Manager
Technical Support: N/A
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: IRC Staff
- 1 year experience in the working field.
- Good time management.
- Completion of secondary education.
- Fluent in Arabic and English language will be an asset.
This position will be based in Anbar/ Fallujah
Standards of Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including maternity leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Attention Returning National Candidates:
IRC strives to attract, motivate and retain qualified national staff in our programs. We strongly encourage national or returning national candidates to apply for this position. If you are a national of the country in which this position is based and are currently located outside of your home country and possess over two years of international work experience, IRC has introduced an attractive remuneration package. The package includes competitive compensation, return flight to post, shipping allowance, temporary housing and a relocation allowance. Certain restrictions may apply.
Notice to all Job Seekers
IRC implements an equal employment opportunity policy and our recruitment process is based on merit.
Applicants and/or successful interview candidates (both internal and external) are not required to pay any fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
If anyone asks you for any financial or non-financial favors to help you secure a job at IRC, kindly report to [email protected].
ملاحظة لكل الباحثين عن وظيفة
تعتمد لجنة الانقاذ الدولية سياسة فرص عمل متساوية وان عملية التوظيف لدينا تعتمد على الجدارة .
لايتوجب على المتقدمين لاي وظيفة او المؤهلين للمقابلات (سواء كانوا موظفيين حالين او متقدمين من خارج المنظمة) دفع اي مبلغ مالي خلال اي مرحلة من مراحل التوظيف.
اذا قام اي شخص بطلب اي خدمة مالية او غير مالية لقاء مساعدتكم في تأمين فرصة عمل داخل المنظمة ،يرجى الابلاغ عن ذلك الى [email protected]
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.