Position title: Cohort Officer
Position location: Baghdad
Reports to: Cohort Coordinator
Contract term: 1 year
Application deadline: March 7, 2021
World University Service of Canada (WUSC) and Canadian Leaders in International Consulting (CLIC) have been jointly awarded a grant from Global Affairs Canada to implement the project “Bolstering Reconstruction in Iraq Through Development, Growth and Employment” (BRIDGE).
The Project’s goal is to improve the employment status of male and female youth and women in selected sectors and governorates of Iraq. The two key outcome results of the Project are: Improved delivery of gender responsive and market relevant Vocational Training; and Improved employability of targeted female and male youth and women.
BRIDGE will address the need for short-term stabilization of Iraq by helping beneficiaries integrate the labour market. It will also support the ongoing reform of the Vocational Education and Training Sector.
Nature and Scope
The Cohort Officer will support the coordination of Cohort activities. S/he is a key program employee that will provide support to BRIDGE to implement activities with MOLSA and partner Governorates, VTCs, and employers.
The Assistant Cohort Officer will report to the Cohort Coordinator.
Key areas of Responsibility
Support to the Cohort Coordinator to:
- Ensure BRIDGE’s engagement in the reassessment/review of the first cohort and draw lessons learned to be applied to the second cohort.
- Organize and facilitate cohort graduation events in coordination with project partners
- Prepare logistical arrangements and materials for training activities, such as training certificates, materials, attendance sheets, invitations and agendas, as well as all necessary equipment, venue arrangements, refreshments
- Prepare lists of equipment with their specifications and quantities and training materials for the workshops
- Follow up CBT implementation progress in the partnering VTCs and assist the Cohort Coordinator in supporting all Committees set up to provide oversight of CBT delivery.
- Track and monitor indicators and results related to the cohorts (students, instructors, etc.)
- Support the BRIDGE Partnerships team in their work with Employers in linking the VTCs to employers. This will include helping ready VTC instructors, the VTC Committee and Labour Market Units for engagement with BRIDGE and with employers
- Support BRIDGE Staff in organizing training activities as per the BRIDGE Work Plan
- Develop short summary reports about the training
- Undertake any other tasks as assigned.
- A university degree
- Experience in Vocational Training
- Experience in coordinating activities with multiple stakeholders
- Strong organizational and coordination skills as well as attention to details
- Excellent knowledge of public institutions and employers
- Good communication and computer skills
- Oral and written English skills
- Willing to travel to other Governorates
WUSC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from women and diverse ethnic and religious groups. If you wish to apply for this position, please send your resume no later than March 7, 2021 to [email protected].
- How to apply Applications: WUSC is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage applications from women and diverse ethnic and religious groups. If you wish to apply for this position, please send your resume no later than March 7, 2021 to [email protected]