Commissioning Mechanical Engineer will provide a key role in the commissioning and handover of from startup phase to asset operations. The candidate will be expected to demonstrate safe commissioning practices as laid out by company policies and procedures. The individual will be expected to demonstrate personal commitment and have the ability to be able deliver projects on time, within budget and to international standards in terms of both quality and HSE performance
- Reporting to Commissioning Manager
- Perform periodic on-site safety audits and observations
- Establish clear expectations for safety and safe work practices
- Liaise and interact with Project Contractor teams
- Support with the compilation, review of Handover completions dossiers
- Provide input to progress measurement and reporting information to Commissioning Manager as required
- Ensure compliance with project management of change (MoC) process during commissioning stage of the project
- Assist the delivery teams to achieve maximum degree of completion
- Assist in the commissioning and start up interfaces between project delivery teams and proactively look for synergies and prepare contingencies
- Perform system walkdowns and punch list clearance for associated (sub) systems as per project requirement.
- Oversee all necessary commissioning preparation work (monitoring preservation) monitoring of mechanical completion and pre- commissioning activities.
- Review commissioning dossiers and associated drawings and support with any technical support to the project on commissioning, troubleshooting and operating procedures.
- Oversee specialist contractors / vendors in the execution of specific commissioning related tasks.
- Carry out site execution of required Commissioning test Procedures (CTP) as per project requirements.
- Witness testing and commissioning of works.
- Coordination with local Site Engineers & contractor support focusing on delivery of multiple projects, whilst adhering to the HSE policies and procedures.
- To promote a positive attitude within the team and motivate all team members to achieve the best possible work performance.
- Demonstrate a pragmatic approach and risk-based approach to solving interface deficiencies.
- Assist with Projects Risk management and facilitate appropriate planning and actions accordingly
- Input to all aspects of planning the works and manage the risk register in conjunction with the Commissioning Manager
- Participation in weekly project / commissioning update meetings
- Attending Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT’s).
- Compilation of all necessary reports as/when required.
Skills and Qualifications
- An Engineering degree or equivalent qualifications / experience or a minimum of 10 years’ experience in similar roles in the oil and gas industry
- An experienced commissioning engineer who demonstrates good communication and team ethos skills and have significant experience of working on major Project within the oil and gas industry in a commissioning capacity
- Ability to work with interdisciplinary team
- Ability to dialogue effectively with senior project and operations personnel
- Extensive Project & Brownfield experience is preferred.
Rewards and Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes:
- A competitive salary
- Accommodation allowance
- 21 working days annual leave
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
Worker Type: Employee
Job Type: Regular
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.