Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for Commissioning Start Up Coordinator to strengthen our team in Basra, Iraq on 4/4 weeks off rotation.
The Primary purpose of this role is to manage the BGC East OR/CSU team and plan, coordinate, and provide OR and CSU leadership to production projects to achieve targets in a safe and efficient manner; to ensure projects deliver on original promises for production, ramp-up, availability, and are fully ready for the introduction of hydrocarbon and start up. This position requires the OR/CSU Coordinator to be present at the work sites frequently to oversee the projects. The OR/CSU Coordinator plays a critical role in helping to deliver the projects using BGC standards, processes and procedure and international best practice.
- Provide technical expertise and manage the delivery requirements for Commission and Startup projects at the various locations in accordance with industry best practice.
- Ensure Support and advise punchlisting of systems and closeout of punchlist items
- Execution of the Commissioning & Start Up Plan and Pre-Commissioning/Commissioning Execution Plan.
- Execution of Pre-Commissioning and Commissioning Procedures, including Systems Testing Procedures.
- Drive the Flawless start-up initiative.
- Interface with the other OR/CSU Coordinators to ensure alignment of deliverables
- Support the Project to Asset Handover strategy to align with Operations handover requirements.
- Provide quality assurance and coaching on systems acceptance and punch listing activities undertaken by the BGC Operations team
- Drive a Flawless Project Delivery (FPD) approach within the Project Teams and Operations to ensure a cost effective and quick ramp up to targets
- Work closely with project and operations to help develop SU team skills and competency requirements
- Drive Peer reviews on startup and operating procedures
- Work closely with Project and Operations personnel to meet the commissioning and start up milestones
- Liaise with the BGC projects and contractor teams.
- Ensure risks to the CSU schedule are identified and raised early.
- Produce punch lists, acceptance documentation, site and technical queries.
- Ensure close out of outstanding work and punch items, prior to systems being accepted for commissioned.
- Assist with the training and Competence development of workers to ensure that Iraqi personnel are trained and developed to meet existing and future work demands
- Provide input into the preparation of the maintenance plans in line with Operations & Maintenance philosophy, Maintenance/Integrity strategies; ensure maintenance tasks are developed based on best practices, vendor’s recommendations, results of appropriate analyses;
- Provide input to the definition and preventive maintenance requirements for SCE’s;
- Assist in the review of relevant Operational Excellence elements
- Provide focus on CSU Safety Strategies and promote safe practice for personnel and safe operation of production assets.
- Annual budget or financial business dimensions that the position either directly controls or indirectly influences:
- Staff:- Assigned as per Iraq national development program, CSU programme, around 5-10 direct reports)
- Support maintenance & integrity plus flawless project delivery to ensure asset availability and technical integrity.
- Ensuring practices which maintain the asset value and safety of BGC workers
- The position plays a key role in ensuring project success, asset integrity and ensuring the ultimate operability of the overall assets, safeguarding the success of current investment.
– Budget:- $10m through BIP and service provider contracts
- BGC Assets
- 2 Gas Processing Plants (each around 700 MMscfd capacity)
- Gas, LPG, NGL Storage and Export Facilities
- 18 Compressor Stations
- Network of 1000 km interconnecting pipelines over 22,000 km2 area
- 5000 local workers
Internal relationship: Project Leads, OR/CSU team, Project Services, Operations and Maintenance
External relationship: Various Discipline Leadership Teams, Project Management Teams, Operating Asset/Operations Management Teams, Contractors and Service providers
- CSU personnel are required to work daily in the operating worksites, leading improvements by maintaining full compliance with PPE and safety standards in challenging conditions.
- Ability to work effectively with all different functions in the JV and with Project Teams
- Obtaining equipment maintenance information including status , results, etc., in a site with minimal original construction or maintenance records
- Working closely with local counterparts, including more senior colleagues in Basrah Gas Company, to help in competency development through coaching and instruction
- A security situation that is projected to improve in the long run but remain challenging in the short term
- Physically challenging working environment
- SimOps support to ensure flawless integration of rehabilitated, rejuvenated and newly constructed facilities within facilities still in production
- Relative inexperience of team members and Language barriers
- Development of fit for purpose work processes suitable for less mature JV organization.
Skills / Qualifications
Experience & Qualifications
- Technical Certifications, 20+ years experience in a gas and oil industry, minimum 5 years in senior position.
- CSU experience on a variety of small and large projects, Brownfield and Greenfield is essential
- Good technical communication skills;
- Ability to interact with members of projects, contractor and BGC asset teams;
- Capable of giving direction and guidance on OR/CSU planning & reporting;
- Experience working in an H2S environment would also be very desirable
- Good understanding of instrumentation, mechanical, electrical, and operations
- Good understanding of construction, commissioning, and startup
- Knowledge of plant safeguarding systems in order to evaluate and rank risks
Key Competencies Required:
- Demonstrated evidence of Enterprise first values and behaviors will be taken into account during the selection process.
- Commissioning & Start Up of Facilities: Skill
- Flawless Project Delivery: Knowledge
- Process Engineering Fundamentals: Skill
- Builds Shared Vision: Skill
- Champions Customer and Stakeholder Focus: Knowledge
- Maximizes Business Opportunities: Knowledge
- Demonstrates Self Mastery: Skill
- Demonstrates Courage: Skill
- Motivates, Coaches and Develops: Skill
- Values Difference: Knowledge
- Delivers Results Through Others: Skill
- Provide Leadership in HSSE: Skill
- Apply Effective Management of HSSE Risk: Knowledge
- Understanding of relevant standards, procedures, business processes and methodologies: Skill
- Control, Measurement, Automation & Safeguarding Systems: Skill
- Facility Layout, Equipment & Piping: Skill
- Work Planning Resource & Schedule Management : Skill
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!