Chemonics is an international development consulting firm that promotes meaningful change to help people live healthier, more productive, and more independent lives. Chemonics’ mission is driven by our commitment to service – to our mission, our beneficiaries, and clients, and our staff. Working under contract with USAID and other aid donors, Chemonics designs and implements development projects in many of the world’s developing countries.
The Iraq Durable Communities and Economic Opportunities (DCEO) is a United States Agency for International Development (USAID) program implemented by Chemonics International in Iraq. DCEO aims to support vulnerable communities to build community resilience against destabilizing factors by increasing their adaptive capacity and economic well-being. The project consists of two objectives. Objective 1, Adaptative capacity of vulnerable communities increased is achieved through two components. Component 1.1 seeks to mitigate drivers of conflict in targeted communities and Component 1.2 seeks to enhance community leadership of inclusive local development. Objective 2, Economic well-being of communities advanced, will rest on the assessments, analysis, foundations, and groundwork of Objective 1.
We are currently seeking a Communication Associate to contribute to the Communication and Outreach department’s responsibilities within the project. The role encompasses photography, contributing to events, and composing materials for the project.
The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator with meticulous attention to detail. and the primary goal for this position is to ensure the clear dissemination of our project’s message across various channels.
- Content Creation: Assist in content creation and curation for digital platforms, including written, visual, and multimedia content.
- Photography: Capture high-quality photographs to be used in marketing materials, social media posts, and other promotional content.
- Event Support: Assist in planning, coordinating, and promoting events, webinars, or conferences.
- Collaborate with team members to brainstorm and develop creative content ideas.
- Assist in tracking and analyzing the performance of content and campaigns.
- Support the coordination and execution of various communication initiatives.
- Perform administrative tasks and provide general support to the communication team.
- Other duties as assigned by a supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations, or a related field
- Minimum Two years of prior experience in Communications, Marketing, Public Relations and/or related functions, with preference given to candidates with experience working on USAID projects.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English and Arabic.
- Proficiency in using social media platforms for business purposes.
- Basic understanding of content creation.
- An aptitude for research and analysis.
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Enthusiasm for learning and staying updated with industry trends.
Reports to: Senior Media Specialist
Required Travel: 50%
- Address Baghdad
- How to apply To apply for this job please fill out this form: Communications Associate (smartsheet.com) Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.