- Brief Overview of the Position:
As the Consortium Communication Officer, will play a crucial role in the Iraqi Institution for Development (IID) organization. This position requires a strategic thinker with excellent communication skills to drive impactful messaging and maintain a unified voice across diverse projects. Reporting directly to the Program Manager, the Communication Officer will be responsible for developing and executing communication plans, facilitating information flow, and strengthening partnerships.
- Key Responsibilities:
Communication Strategy: Develop and implement a comprehensive communication strategy that aligns with the consortium’s goals and enhances its visibility.
Content Creation: Generate engaging and informative content for various platforms, including press releases, articles, and social media posts, ensuring consistency and relevance.
Collaboration Facilitation: Foster effective communication and collaboration among consortium members, promoting a culture of knowledge-sharing and mutual support.
Media Relations: Cultivate and maintain relationships with media outlets, facilitating coverage of consortium initiatives and achievements.
Internal Communication: Oversee internal communication channels to keep all stakeholders informed about key developments, milestones, and activities.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Educational Background: Bachelor’s degree in communications, Public Relations, or a related field. Advanced degree preferred.
- Experience: Proven experience in a communication role, preferably in a consortium or collaborative setting. Minimum of 5 years in a similar position.
- Strategic Thinker: Ability to develop and implement strategic communication plans that align with organizational objectives.
- Strong Writing Skills: Exceptional writing and editing skills with a keen eye for detail and a demonstrated ability to convey complex ideas concisely.
- Interpersonal Skills: Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively across diverse teams.
Digital Literacy: Proficiency in digital communication tools and platforms, including social media, content management systems, and email marketing.
- Address Mosul-Ninawa
- How to apply If you are passionate about making a positive impact and have the required experience, we invite you to apply. Please submit your resume, cover letter, and three professional references to [email protected] by 4 January 2024. IID is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages individuals from diverse backgrounds to apply. We appreciate all applications, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Join IID and be a catalyst for positive change!