EXTERNAL / INTERNAL
Community Contact Centre Operator/Kurdish Badini Speaker
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, independent, and impartial international humanitarian organization, which assists and protects victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence. The ICRC is currently looking for staff to support its operations in the Republic of Iraq.
By joining the ICRC, you will:
* Have an opportunity to practise your profession in stimulating, complex and sometimes challenging environments, where your work can make a difference.
* Work with colleagues from various professional disciplines and in dynamic and collaborative workstreams, in support of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence.
* Represent one of the most renowned international humanitarian organizations in the world, promote humanitarian values and add to your sense of fulfilment in responding to people and communities affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence.
* Benefit from a competitive employment package, including different possibilities for career and personal development. (An onboarding course and continuous training will be provided.)
* Receive a competitive compensation package, including a monthly salary and benefits (13th month salary, International Retirement Savings Plan, family medical coverage, life insurance, a mobility allowance as per policy, social security scheme and final gratuity).
Job Title: Community Contact Centre Operator
Reporting To: Community Contact Centre Supervisor
Duty Station: Baghdad, Iraq
Duration of Contract: Fixed term contract with a possibility for renewal to an open-ended contract
Position grade (ICRC system): B1
Date of Issue: 01-02-2023
Deadline for applications: 15-02-2023
The Community Contact Centre Operator is the primary point of contact between a caller and the ICRC. This front-line role is important in leaving callers with a positive impression of the ICRC and in ensuring the ICRC understands and, when appropriate, can be responsive to their needs. In particular, the Contact Centre Operator, must maintain a good overall understanding of the ICRC’s activities and operations in Iraq, feel a sense of ownership in responding to the queries of callers, and be able to distinguish between calls that can be addressed directly and others that will require more detailed follow-up.
Main duties and responsibilities
* Respond to calls, enquiries, and comments. Confidentiality is required when dealing with the caller information.
* Understand the concerns/ issues of the caller and decide on whether to be addressed or required close follow up or referrals.
* Data Collection for each call in the appropriate databases / software.
* Determines eligibility according to the listed requirements.
* Follow up on cases referred to other departments to ensure timely follow-up.
* Maintains and improves quality results by adhering to standards and guidelines, recommending improved procedures.
* Be available for field missions to become better acquainted with ICRC operations in Iraq.
* Participate in monitoring activities for ongoing projects.
Education and Professional Experience required
* University Degree or equivalent.
* 1 to 2 years of experience as a social worker or relevant field.
* Personal commitment, efficiency, flexibility and results driven.
* Fluent command of English is required and Native speaker or fluency of Arabic.
* Fluency in Kurdish Badini language is a must.
* Computer proficiency Including Microsoft Office Suit.
Please note that:
* Applications will only be accepted for Iraqi nationals.
* The successful candidate will undergo a three month-probation period.
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
NB: Should you not have received a response from the ICRC within one month of submission of your application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
The ICRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process including application, interview, meeting or processing.
- How to apply How to Apply: All qualified and interested candidates are invited to send their application to [email protected] and write in the subject line “Surname, First name/ Position Name”. The application should contain a: 1. Current Curriculum Vitae (CV) indicating email and phone contacts. 2. Cover Letter stating why you think you have the necessary skills and qualifications for this position and your salary expectations; and 3. Minimum of (2) two professional references.