Ensure a quality link between the PHCC and the Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs) living in the camp, by allowing better communication. Capable of providing preventive, promotional, and rehabilitation care to the IDPs.
Responsibilities and scope of duties
• Information transmission to the camp population that leads to the promotion of their health
• Sensitization of the camp population about relevant health topics, including reproductive health and mental health
• Monitoring of the sensitization campaigns.
Specific goals and related activities
Ensure information transmission towards the beneficiaries to help them be responsible for their own health
• Ensure a good link between the population in the camp and the PHCC team regarding the follow up of patients
• Stay at disposal of the PHCC team to ensure visits to known patients in the camp and to research people not showing at the PHCC as planned
• Promote the health of the population in the camp through awareness sessions, focus group discussions, and one to one sessions, with support from the medical team
• Provide preventive and rehabilitation care when proposed by the medical team.
Sensitize the camp population
• Sensitize regularly the camp population on topics decided by the medical team, the MHPSS Team, the MHPSS program manager, MHPSS Officer, and/or DOH
• Participate in health strategy actions for the community in collaboration with the medical team, the MHPSS Team.
Ensure the monitoring of sensitization sessions
• Reports to the PHCC manager after each sensitization session made
• Suggests improvements for future sessions
Ensure a close working collaboration with the PHCC team
• Participate regularly in training sessions or information sessions conducted by the medical team in order to maintain up to date his knowledge and to improve it.
• Participate regularly in PHCC team meetings.
|Required knowledge and skills|
|Education / Training
| Valid high school diploma or equivalent
|Medical/paramedical background background
Training in health/hygiene or protection related topics
|Experience with NGO
Experience in community health work/outreach activities
Experience in community or public health
|Knowledge and skills
| Ability to solve problems, find practical solutions, and adapt.
Good communication skills
Part of the community of Ramadi
Strong organizational skills and autonomy
|Ability to work in unstable circumstances
Good knowledge of humanitarian principles
Required Personal Characteristics (fitting into team, suitability for the job and assignment/mission
- A team play
- A good level of reactivity, anticipation, and organisation
An interactive and proactive approach
- A good level of self-awareness and ability to identify stressors and provide self-care
- Address Gharma, Al-Anbar
- How to apply APPLICATION PROCESS In order to submit an application, all candidates are invited to fill the following google form by clicking on the link below: https://goo.gl/forms/kTZTyWp00SZq7Qvz2 Premiere Urgence will proceed to the preselection of candidates on a rolling basis and reserve the right to close the advertisement as soon as a candidate is identified for the position. Therefore, you are kindly invited to submit your application as soon as possible. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Kindly note that all applications received by email or by paper will not be considered. Only those submitted through the application link will be processed. Premiere Urgence International thank you for your interest in the organization.