The Iraq Health Access Organization (IHAO) is interested in hiring a Community Mobilizer, who will work in the GBV Program in Nineveh – Qawsiat Center whose duties include:
- Research and analyze community need to determine program trends and objectives.
- Follow the Guiding Principles of Gender-based Violence with respect to respect, confidentiality, safety/security, and non-discrimination in the delivery of services.
- Establish an appropriate hotline and management to ensure that survivors from the vicinity of the center have access to information on the provision of services and that actions can be taken to facilitate their ability to receive services in a timely manner
- Ensure appropriate documentation of reported GBV incidents by taking advantage of the GBV IMS case, procedure, follow-up, and other case management models appropriately.
- Ensure that all documents relating to reported cases and referrals are updated, accurate, organized and well-supervised by social workers.
- Work with competent authorities to develop and strengthen referral networks and monitor the implementation of referral tracking to improve survivors’ access to safe and confidential sexual violence services in a timely manner to meet their needs
- Collaborate with a GBV officer in developing, implementing/sharing the monthly response plan and key messages/issues of gender-based violence based on case trends to disseminate information about available services and referral paths.
- To carry out awareness-raising visits to attract cases, identify women’s needs, and provide awareness sessions in public and governmental facilities.
- Monitoring cases of violence for women, girls, and children during field trips and referring them to the social worker and case manager.
- Provide Narrative reports on all the work he takes during the work.
The ideal candidate will be a graduate with a bachelor degree in psychosocial or a similar field with the following qualifications:
- Having a positive attitude and a team spirit
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum of 6th Months experience
- Soft Skills in MS Office (excel, word) and e-mail
- Competency in writing progress report
- To have the ability to conduct field trips inside and outside the required region.
- The ability to work under pressure and the ability to adapt according to field conditions.
- The ability to interact with all groups of society.
- Quick response to instructions.
- Excellent spoken and written English skills
- Experience in providing a narrative report.
- Prior experience in NGO work
- Has a residency in Mosul.
- How to apply Interested candidates can send their CVs to the emails below: [email protected] copying [email protected] With the subject line (Community Mobilizer / Nineveh - job application) No longer than the 5th of January 2021. Qualified candidates only will be interviewed. Note: Untitled emails will be ignored.