Requisition ID: req22342
Job Title: Community Mobilizer – Anbar/Rawa
Sector: Protection and rule of law
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Ramadi, Iraq
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee is a prominent international organization working in relief, rehabilitation, protection, post-conflict development, resettlement services and advocacy for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression.
Working in coordination with the humanitarian community, the IRC currently addresses the needs of conflict-affected populations from several operational bases across Iraq. IRC’s activities focus primarily on the protection and legal assistance, cash assistance and livelihood, distribution of non-food items, education and women and children’s protection, and form part of an over-arching humanitarian response in Jordan, Lebanon, Turkey, Syria, Iraq and the region that seeks to assist refugees, IDPs and war-affected people survive conflict and displacement.
Community mobilizer under the supervision of PRoL team, the mobilizer is responsible for helping the PRoL team in their activities such as receiving beneficiaries, inform people in the areas nearby the center about the activities of the center and sort of assistance provided at the center, attend at the center to receive beneficiaries, then refer them to the PRoL team, do outreach activities at the center and out of it.
- To help PRoL team to do their activities and meet targets.
- They should be available in the center to receive beneficiaries and identify their needs and refer them to the PRoL team.
- They have to pay field visit to the areas nearby the center to do outreach activities; inform beneficiaries to attend at the center to receive assistance and to inform them about the sort of activities provided at the center.
- Help PRoL activities, including awareness raising campaigns, meetings, home to home visit and cases referral and support for refugee/host community.
- Assist the supervisions of the access to services provided by protection team in the centers and field.
- Proffer and process referral to enhance access to justice for refugee/ host community
· Collaborate with other legal team aid providers to promote and enhance the protective environment for the IDPs/returnees.
· Certificate, craft certificate or license and approximately 2 years experience in a similar role
· Strong organizational and time management skills.
· Excellent communication skills and ability to work as part of a team.
· Fluency in Arabic
· Experience working with an NGO
The community mobilizer is required to comply with the organization’s standards, professional conduct and employment policies in the International Rescue committee.
Standards of Professional Conduct:
The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.
IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including maternity leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Notice to all Job Seekers
IRC implements an equal employment opportunity policy and our recruitment process is based on merit.
Applicants and/or successful interview candidates (both internal and external) are not required to pay any fees at any stage of the recruitment process.
If anyone asks you for any financial or non-financial favors to help you secure a job at IRC, kindly report to [email protected]
ملاحظة لكل الباحثين عن وظيفة
تعتمد لجنة الانقاذ الدولية سياسة فرص عمل متساوية وان عملية التوظيف لدينا تعتمد على الجدارة .
لايتوجب على المتقدمين لاي وظيفة او المؤهلين للمقابلات (سواء كانوا موظفيين حالين او متقدمين من خارج المنظمة) دفع اي مبلغ مالي خلال اي مرحلة من مراحل التوظيف.
اذا قام اي شخص بطلب اي خدمة مالية او غير مالية لقاء مساعدتكم في تأمين فرصة عمل داخل المنظمة ،يرجى الابلاغ عن ذلك الى [email protected]
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.