All INTERSOS employees are expected to perform their roles and responsibilities according to the INTERSOS charter of values, code of ethics, PSEA and Child Protection policies. The job description is mandatory for all positions within INTERSOS and shall be signed by the employee within the first week of employment.
Purpose/objective of the position:
The Community Outreach Volunteer is responsible for implementing activities organized in urban areas linked with community mobilization, Community based protection, GBV prevention and psycho-social support carried out in line with the scope and objectives of the project through regular technical consultations with community mobilizers and beneficiary groups. He/she promotes an age, gender and diversity sensitive approach in all activities, with the aim of strengthening protection mechanisms for several persons of Concerns from the displaced and local communities.
- Participate in INTERSOS onboarding and technical trainings to gain knowledge on community-based protection, GBV prevention, psycho-social support, safe identification and referrals;
- Facilitate the participation of all segments of the target population in the planned activities ensuring the inclusion of the most vulnerable groups with particular attention to their diversities, age and gender;
- Support project colleagues in facilitating, collecting and reporting quantitative and qualitative information on the overall protection status of target communities, through observation and communication with communities of concern;
- Carry out all tasks respecting key protection principles including but not limited to: do no harm, non-discrimination, confidentiality and accountability;
- Conduct focus group discussions and other participatory activities to engage community members in protection activities and to better understand their needs and interests;
- Engage community members in planned activities;
- Maintain attendance registers and database for each activity conducted;
- Ensure a safe, friendly and non-discriminatory environment is upheld during all activities;
- Complete additional tasks assigned by Supervisor.
- Conduct awareness (General Protection) raising and mobilization of local communities in targeted urban areas;
- Mobilize relevant groups for various events including trainings, workshops, meetings e.t.c
- Establish strong relationships with target communities’ members and leaders;
- Create networks among community members to advocate for the establishment of community-based protection mechanisms, as per project scope and objectives.
- Review existing community structures or establish a new community structure to represent the different community profiles in the target locations and facilitate regular meetings among members.
- Contribute in the development of terms of reference for the community committees and help them function as effectively and actively as possible;
- Collect attendance and minutes of community committee’s meetings;
- Maintain comprehensive records on awareness raising attendances (number of individuals including age, gender, population types) according to project specific templates;
- Support the community committees in understanding the needs of different community groups and ensure equal and meaningful access to services and activities;
- Participate in service mapping exercise in the area of implementation and maintain relationships with governmental and non-governmental organizations identified through mapping;
- Actively identify, document and refer individuals with specific needs and/or protection concerns, as per INTERSOS SOPs;
- Maintain comprehensive records or referrals directly or indirectly put in place, according to project specific templates and procedures.
Education and professional experience:
- Diploma in any humanitarian related field (Social Work, community services);
- Previous experience (minimum one year) in similar position with International, national organizations and government authorities is mandatory;
- Experience working with communities and local leaders;
Competencies: (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Confidentiality, respect and non-discriminatory attitude;
- Good knowledge in protection and psycho-social support;
- Ability to train people, facilitate trainings and build participants’ knowledge and skills;
- High problem-solving skills and ability to work in team;
- Ability to work in a multicultural context as a flexible and respectful team;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good reporting skills;
- Ability to show empathy;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Residency within the community;
- Fluency in Arabic and Kurdish (written and spoken).
- Address Balad
- Salary Offer will be discussed in a later stage USD will be discussed in a later stage Month
- How to apply INTERSOS is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right for everyone to apply to its vacancies without any discrimination. For those interested and who meet the required criteria, please apply below. Kindly note that: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Your resume must be uploaded in PDF format. INTERSOS is reviewing applications on a rolling basis, and we reserve the right to close the vacancy before the mentioned closing date. The preference will be given to qualified candidates from the recruitment area