Position Community Outreach Volunteers
Reports to Education monitors/Case workers
All INTERSOS employees are expected to perform their roles and responsibilities according to the INTERSOS charter of values, code of ethics, PSEA and Child Protection policies. The job description is
mandatory for all positions within INTERSOS and shall be signed by the employee within the first week of employment.
Purpose/objective of the position:
Community Outreach Volunteers will be responsible for community engagement and empowerment in the assigned area through mobilization, and awareness at community level.
- Support the implementation of Education/CP activities in the targeted areas through constant mobilization for targeted groups.
- Contribute to the identification of OOSC in the targeted locations;
- Liaise and maintain daily relationships between INTERSOS, IDPs, and host community representatives, local leaders and grassroots organizations in the assigned area and provide them with overall orientation on the available services;
- Support with survey and assess the target population in the assigned area at household and group level through daily home and field visits;
- Assist the IDPs and returnee’s community in obtaining information, knowledge and access to available relevant services through outreach activities;
- Support implementation of thematic focus group discussions, awareness, and life skills sessions;
- Encourage and stimulate full participation at the planned PSS and socio-recreational activities with special attention, where possible and appropriate, to youth, adolescents, women, disabled, elderly and other who may be marginalized and overlooked in community decision
- Work to identify and support community focal points/settlement representatives;
- Submit to the Education/CP team a daily/weekly reports of the community mobilization, engagement, and activities implemented;
- Manage and well maintain the assigned equipment and materials allocated for community mobilization and outreach activities;
- Perform any other task assigned by Education/protection team to improve the implementation of project.
Competencies: (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities):
- A minimum of 1-year experience in relevant position.
- Previous working experience with camp and out of camp settings with IDPs, returnees, and host- communities.
- Fluency in Arabic.
- Address Baaj
- How to apply INTERSOS is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right for everyone to apply to its vacancies without any discrimination. For those interested and who meet the required criteria, please apply below. Kindly note that: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Your resume must be uploaded in PDF format. INTERSOS is reviewing applications on a rolling basis, and we reserve the right to close the vacancy before the mentioned closing date. The preference will be given to qualified candidates from the recruitment area.