The Danish Refugee Council assists refugees and internally displaced persons across the globe: we provide emergency aid, fight for their rights, and strengthen their opportunity for a brighter future. We work in conflict-affected areas, along the displacement routes, and in the countries where refugees settle. In cooperation with local communities, we strive for responsible and sustainable solutions. We work toward successful integration and – whenever possible – for the fulfilment of the wish to return home.
The Danish Refugee Council was founded in Denmark in 1956, and has since grown to become an international humanitarian organization with more than 7,000 staff and 8,000 volunteers. Our vision is a dignified life for all displaced.
All of our efforts are based on our value compass: humanity, respect, independence and neutrality, participation, and honesty and transparency.
In 2003, following the start of foreign military operations in Iraq, DRC became one of the first organisations to provide humanitarian assistance in the country, and now operates in 11 governorates, including Anbar, Baghdad, Babel, Diyala, Duhok, Erbil, Karbala, Kirkuk, Najaf, Ninewa and Salah-al-Din.
Overall purpose of the role:
The Receptionist is overall responsible for providing administrative support to the DRC Community Support Centre and promoting an overall positive welcoming atmosphere at the centre for the community.
- Welcoming visitors and beneficiaries to the Community Support Centre including inviting them to wait in the waiting areas, offering refreshments, directing them to bathroom etc ensuring promotion of beneficiary dignity
- Coordinating with the guard as required to ensure beneficiary access to the centre
- Disseminate information and answer questions on the multi-sector services that DRC offers
- Disseminate information and answer questions on other services available in the area according to service mapping
- Ensure safe quality referrals to DRC services and/or other services as required
- Answering the centre phone line to share information on the DRC services offered at the Community Support Centre and other services available in the area
- Conducting multi sector intake ensuring beneficiary confidentiality and dignity
- Share information on DRC Beneficiary Feedback and Complaints System
- Report any maintenance needs to the Supply Chain Assistant
- Report any shared centre office supply needs to the Supply Chain Assistant
- Report any cleaning needs to the cleaner and ensure in coordination with cleaner and other staff that the centre remains clean, well-organized and aesthetically appealing
- Promote team unity and integration between services offered at the centre
- Promote respect and adherence to DRC Code of Conduct amongst centre staff
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Line Manager;
- Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Iraq programs Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
- Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Code of Conduct.
- Address West Mosul