All INTERSOS employees are expected to perform their roles and responsibilities according to the INTERSOS charter of values, code of ethics, PSEA and Child Protection policies. The job description is mandatory for all positions within INTERSOS and shall be signed by the employee within the first week of employment.
Purpose/objective of the position:
The Community Outreach Volunteer is responsible for establishing relationships with communities in the areas of intervention based on trust and cooperation. S/he will aim at strengthening existing community resources, increasing community protection capacities and facilitating a continuous two-way communication between INTERSOS and communities.
- Strengthen the quality and effectiveness of services and activities provided by INTERSOS paying particular attention to social aspects in the communities and to possible issues of exclusion;
- Implement awareness raising sessions with children, service providers and community leaders about child protection issues, available services and referral pathways…etc;
- Work closely with the PSS team to identify children to participate in PSS activities, according to an agreed criteria;
- Observe the children during the outdoor activities.
- Actively identify, document and refer individuals with specific needs and/or protection concerns;
- Provide orientation on available services and how to access them as well as on-going activities at the community centre;
- Write regular reports on child protection situation in the communities based on data and information collected;
- Liaise with local stakeholders, government bodies, specialized agencies and service providers in order to strengthen synergies amongst each other;
- Carry out all tasks respecting key protection principles including but not limited to: do no harm, non-discrimination, confidentiality and accountability and need-to-know principles.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
Education and professional experience:
- One year of relevant work experience;
- Strong knowledge of psycho-social programming in the humanitarian context.
Competencies: (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Computer literacy (Word, Excel)
- Confidentiality, respect and non-discriminatory attitude
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good facilitation skills
- Ability to show empathy
- Ability to work under pressure
- Fluency in Arabic
- Address Baiji
- Salary Offer To be shared at a later stage USD To be shared at a later stage Month
- How to apply INTERSOS is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right for everyone to apply to its vacancies without any discrimination. For those interested and who meet the required criteria, please apply below. Kindly note that: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Your resume must be uploaded in PDF format. INTERSOS is reviewing applications on a rolling basis, and we reserve the right to close the vacancy before the mentioned closing date. The preference will be given to qualified candidates from the recruitment area.
- Job Reference VOL/003