Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
For the Iraq Governance and Public Services opportunity, USAID seeks to support select GOI entities to improve service delivery performance through use of technology and process standardization while increasing the availability of and access to information, particularly related to public services. USAID also seeks to foster improved and inclusive relationships and engagement between those same GOI entities and the communities they serve. The goal is more equitable, efficient, and sustainable public services as well as improved government responsiveness to citizens’ needs and demands, contributing to more accountable, transparent, and inclusive governance. The project is expected to begin June 2023.
MSI is seeking applications from highly qualified Public Finance Management (PFM) component lead candidates who will work with the Chief of Party (COP) to design, implement and manage the PFM component and facilitate cross-cutting engagement with government entities at the national and provincial levels. The PFM component stresses improved systems and capacity for inter-governmental transfers, especially to provincial government, expanding revenue sources at the local level and improving accountability and transparency of public expenditures overall. The ideal candidate will be responsible for ensuring the completion of all tasks and objectives designated by USAID. Note: This position is contingent upon award.
**Please note: Iraqi citizens are highly encouraged to apply for this position**
- Provide overall technical leadership on policies, methods and programs to strengthen the national and provincial government institutions that perform the essential public financial management functions that directly impact the delivery of essential services to Iraqi citizens.
- Provide technical leadership to develop oversight mechanisms, such as financial audit procedures, and reporting of provincial finances.
- Prepare the Performance Management Plan (PMP) and annual workplan for PFM, in discussions with the COP, key Government of Iraq partners, participating CSOs, and the Director of Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Assure that the PFM component teams achieve their output and outcome targets.
- Draft the component’s weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Provide direct management and supervision to the PFM component team.
- Coordinate project activities with the leaders of the Service Delivery and Open Government components.
- Provide regular interface with key GOI partners and with the USAID COR.
- A graduate degree in finance, public administration, business administration or another relevant field is required.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of experience in donor-funded international development programs related to public financial management, including four (4) years working on issues relating to intergovernmental transfers.
- Experience on USAID-funded projects preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with and coordinate local government ministries, informal leadership, non-governmental organizations, participants, community organizations, as well as key donor organization in PFM.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Fluency in English required, proficiency in Arabic preferred.
At MSI Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. MSI Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state, and federal authorities.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
- Address Erbil USD Month