All INTERSOS employees are expected to perform their roles and responsibilities according to the INTERSOS charter of values, code of ethics, PSEA and Child Protection policies. The job description is mandatory for all positions within INTERSOS and shall be signed by the employee within the first week of employment.
Purpose/objective of the position:
The aim of this assignment is to improve the overall technical level of the beneficiaries in order to promote the development of a learning environment with necessary IT practices for job insertion for males and females in the targeted community.
- Designs and teaches various computer courses for girls and boys. Creates course outlines and writes instruction and review handouts for each of the different course.
- Prepares the room and the computers for use before each class; attends to the proper shut-down of computers after classes.
- Assures that the computer equipment is properly used.
- Trainer is required to attend and organize training, class sessions and/or events, distribute reading and learning materials, register and fill in attendance sheet of participants, and personnel.
- A set clear plan for the training considers the dates topics of the training…. etc.
- Required to provide class as its planned and required by the line manager.
- Provide feedback about the trainings, classes, events implementations to the line manager.
- Arrive punctually to trainings and classes and expertly manage time during the course of the learning, trainings, workshops classes to ensure
- Work closely with protection team to mobilize, identify and register beneficiaries for life skills sessions.
- Actively identify and refer individuals with specific needs and/or protection concerns to services.
- Submit weekly and monthly activity plans, reports and recommendations.
- Carry out all tasks respecting key protection principles including but not limited to: do no harm, non-discrimination, confidentiality and accountability and need-to-know principles.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor.
- Prior experience as a computer teacher/trainer.
- Excellent presentation abilities.
- Strong written and administrative skills.
- Passionate about fostering computer literacy and academic excellence.
- Preparation of documents during training sessions (attendance sheet, pre- post test, …. etc.)
Qualifications & Preferred Skills
Education and professional experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related discipline.
- Teaching certification for the level at which you will be instructing.
Competencies: (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
- Confidentiality, respect and non-discriminatory attitude
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good facilitation skills
- Ability to show empathy
- Ability to work under pressure
- Fluency in Arabic
- Address Tikrit
- Salary Offer will be discussed in a later stage USD will be discussed in a later stage Month
- How to apply INTERSOS is an equal opportunity employer and reserves the right for everyone to apply to its vacancies without any discrimination. For those interested and who meet the required criteria, please apply below. Kindly note that: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Your resume must be uploaded in PDF format. INTERSOS is reviewing applications on a rolling basis, and we reserve the right to close the vacancy before the mentioned closing date. The preference will be given to qualified candidates from the recruitment area