Role will be working on a 28 day on 28 day off rotational basis and will offer a strong day rate.
The Concepts Controller is a pivotal role in the operations organization that reports to the site Concepts team.
In addition to accountability for discrete field development conceptual projects, the successful candidate will develop and manage a key interface across Operations, Major Projects and Sub‐surface organizations with the goal of ensuring strategic technical alignment, making tactical interventions where necessary.
Having a holistic overview of the client concession and its systems status, the Concepts Controller will determine potential clashes with existing systems and escalate through the interface management processes.
The role of Concepts Controller will also serve as the focal point for the collation, organization, storage and sharing of key analytical status documents (cost, schedule, progress) on all Pre‐FEED activities undertaken by the Concepts team. The role is new to the team, and the scope and quantum of relevant duties and responsibilities is likely to develop in the short‐term, with continuous improvement and close cooperation between team members. The role is intended to streamline the efficiency of the whole Concepts team, with relevant status updates and inputs arising from the respective Concept leads,
consolidated by the Concepts Controller, to provide accurate information to the Concept Development Managers (CDMs) to enable informed, strategic decisions related to proposed Projects.
Role and Responsibilities
The role of the Concepts Controller will include the following initial activities, applied to the work of the Concept Development Team at clients site:
- Reporting directly to the Concepts Development Manager (CDM), the Concepts Controller is:
responsible for leading an interface process for the development and modification of existing and new production and injection assets. Goals are technical alignment and integration across functions (Operations, Wells, Subsurface, Engineering and Projects), and strategic development of systems optimized for production, operability, and flexibility
- Definition, leadership and delivery of concept level engineering for projects in the PreFeed phases. Accountability for quality, schedule, budget and stakeholder alignment.
- Support implementation of Inherently Safe Design, Inherently Reliable Design, and integrity management within engineering design and operations.
- Effectively streamline all relevant data in the Concepts space to enable clear, efficient selection and appraisal of prospective projects for execution at site, consistent with client business drivers;
- With a deep understanding of ERP projects timeline and impact, supports sensitivity analysis to inform key business decisions relative to contracting strategies, optimization and standardization opportunities.
- Support the CDM and the Concepts Engineering Manager using past experience in Process engineering and Portfolio management in the consideration and regular review of Concepts Projects at site;
- Compile and maintain a register of all active Projects within the Concept Development space at site, for routine review by the CDMs, and for sharing with the Team;
- Consolidate, file and share a repository of standard document templates that are routinely used by the Concepts Team, such as Project Initiation Requests, Project Weekly and Monthly status reports, dashboards, presentation templates etc, as may be readily available and which may be enhanced in future according to team needs and best practices;
- Support the various Concept Team Leads with the provision of documentation and/or presentation templates to enable the efficient production of regular reports to the CDMs;
- Introduce consistency in styles of documents and reports across the team;
- Compile and maintain a repository of information informed by interfacing organizational charts to enable efficient communication between colleagues in the Concept Development Team and other points of contact within client site and associated operating entities
- Maintain the Concept Study/Pre‐FEED (the Study) award register;
- Advised by the CDM and supported by the Concept Team Cost Estimator, maintain and share the Study Schedule overview/ Masterplan of Concepts;
- Compile and share the Study team Organizational charts with contact details;
- Streamlined Progress reports for all active Studies (Objectives, Schedule, Progress – actual vs planned, Budget, Study Highlights, Achieved during the period, Key activities planned for next period, etc);
- Study financial status (Actual vs Budget);
The key responsibilities of the Concepts Controller role are as follows:
Maintain the central repository of analytical information and reports for all current Concept Scopes of work (Pre‐FEED scopes/Studies), with inputs provided regularly by the respective Study leads, and used to inform strategic decisions by the CDMs;
· Collate, refine, standardize and share all relevant documentation, reporting and presentation templates for use by the Concept team;
· Maintain and share the Master Register and High Level Schedule of Concept Scopes of work, with regular input from all team members, especially the Concept Development Planner;
· Collate and maintain Organizational charts for all relevant teams interfacing with the Concepts team;
· Generally act to streamline the collation and sharing of all Reporting and analytical Concept Study information, to the benefit of the whole team.
· Able to prioritize work in a fast pace environment.
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.