DNO is a Norwegian oil and gas operator focused on the Middle East region and the North Sea. Founded in 1971, DNO is Norway’s oldest oil company. With a leading position in terms of reserves and production in the Kurdistan region of Iraq, DNO produces around 110,000 barrels of oil per day from the flagship Tawke field.
Facilitate site health and safety meetings. Identification of the hazards and risks relevant to the construction project through regular coordinated site inspections. Establish and maintain health and safety communication structures and systems, distribution of health and safety specific documents to sub-contractors. Evaluate the levels of compliance of subcontractors to the project specific health and safety plan and client specifications through inspections and audits. Oversee the reporting and investigation of project related incidents. Oversee the maintenance of all records. Participation in management reviews of the health and safety systems. Establish DNO HSE expectations with contractors and subcontractors through continued positive engagement. Actively represent HSE in Technical HSE risk assessments, Hazobs, Hazids, operability studies etc. Involvement in other HSE related activities with other departments as required.
Risk Based Planning
- Assist Construction Management in assurance of risk based HSE plans for projects.
- Contributes to the definition of contractor HSE KPIs and provide ongoing evidence of compliance.
- Guides development and implementation of interventions where performance deviates from plans applying the ALARP principal.
- Takes joint accountability with Construction Managers and field management team for the successful on-site implementation and promotion of DNO HSE policies and procedures.
- Works with Site leadership and Erbil to roll out and implement DNO programs and Standards in field.
Building organizational capability
- A mentor and teacher for the field HSE Team, with focus on a coaching style.
- Support site management in the evaluation of HSE competencies for safety critical roles.
Risk Champion and Advisor
- A key advisor and mentor to the site management team on HSE issues, the subject matter expert on site.
- Provides HSE input at site planning meetings and ensures that existing and emerging HSE risks and issues are brought to the attention of site management and Erbil management if required.
- A vocal advocate and active supporter of management of change (people, process and plant)
- Develops and is the custodian of the project risk register and remedial action plan.
Safe Systems of Work
- Support the site Safe Systems of Work (including PTW system) and provide training as required.
- The subject matter expert in SSoW in the Tawke Field.
- Ensures application of DNO and internationally accepted practices and an audit process to deliver prompt corrections of deficiencies.
Delivering a learning culture
- Develop and maintain the site HSE induction program incorporating learnings from site and other locations as well as new procedures and Standards.
- Encourages and implements a SAFE (safety observation) reporting and close out in Beacon
- Drives the reporting culture in with the contractors in line with DNO expectations.
Accurate and honest reporting
- Ensures accurate an on-time reporting of all incidents to through agreed mechanisms and tools.
- A champion for the use of the DNO reporting system, Beacon on site and monitoring of quality close out of actions on time.
- Delivers the weekly report to the Fields HSE Manager regarding site HSE activity highlights
- Ensures investigation of incidents according to DNO Standards and supports investigations on site.
- Support local Contract Representatives to monitor and intervene with contractors where performance deviates from plan and Standards do not meet those agreed.
- Develops positive relations with contracting companies whilst retaining the ability for rapid and stern intervention when required.
Leading by example
- Demonstrates HSE leadership through own behaviors and a positive attitude.
- A vocal and demonstrable supporter of company programs and initiatives.
- A physical and regular presence on the ground at work sites.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum Qualifications: Graduate with a technically relevant degree or industry equivalent such as Nebosh Diploma.
- Minimum Experience:10 – 15 years in oil and gas and/or petrochemical industry. Preferred 5 years in similar role with demonstrated performance delivery and experience coaching and developing national staff.
- Job Specific Conditions: Field based. Excellent health required to meet demanding activities and the extremes of temperature experienced in the region. This is a remote location with limited medical facilities.
|Key Technical competencies required|
|Well Operations||Field level emergency management training, set up, planning and drills.||Safe Systems of Work (SSoW)|
|Pipeline Operations||Major accident hazard management||Training and competency assessment/development|
|Drilling and workover operations||Waste management||Behavioral based safety programs|
|Operating HSE case development||Technical reporting||Investigation and root cause analysis|
|Environmental aspects/impacts||Audit and review||Quantitative risk assessment and registers (defining ALARP)|
|Budgeting and AFE preparation||Process facility operations||Coaching|
|Seismic acquisition operations||HSE performance analysis|
|Business strategy||Regulatory compliance|
|Competency assessment||Contractor management|
|Human Factors||Sour gas and sour service|
|Key Core competencies required|
|People management||Ethical behaviors|
|Influence management and conflict resolution||Multicultural sensitivity|
|Communication, engagement and alignment||Constructive intervention for improvement|
|Delivering a positive learning culture||Coaching and mentoring|
|Able to analyze multiple inputs and deliver simple solutions.||Ability to priorities workloads with conflicting priorities|
The role reports into Construction Projects Manager (with functional reporting to Field HSE Manager). The role will be site based and rotational type (typically 28 days on / 28 days off) with a fixed term contract of 10 months, which could be extendable at the time based on company’s discretion.
Interested candidates kindly apply with a PDF version of your CV.
- Address Kurdistan