Petrofac is currently looking to recruit a Construction Manager based in Iraq.
What we do
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries. Our comprehensive and tailored service offering covers each stage of the project life cycle and a variety of commercial models, giving our clients the flexibility, they need.
- Manage, coordinate and supervise the construction process from the conceptual development stage through final construction and handover to Completions on a timely and economical basis. Responsible for coordinating and managing contractors, materials and equipment, schedules and contracts whilst maintaining client satisfaction and international standards of quality.
- Manage the construction activities and executes the construction works in line with the delivery schedule, contract specifications and conditions
- Supports the construction contractors by removing impediments to progress, assisting in the development of their construction schedule, agreeing a construction sequence (path of construction), and ensuring that the contractors have the materials, engineering deliverables, tools, and resources that are required for successful execution and complete delivery within the required time frame.
- Develops and implements the requirements of the Construction Execution Plan (CEP)
- Ensures that the constructability process is implemented in the design phase and ensure participation of construction personnel in all project model reviews
- Develops a clear organization chart for the construction personnel on site with realistic distribution of the work capacity with respect to the capacity of the individual
- Demonstrates a strong commitment and ownership of health, safety and Environmental excellence. Ensure adherence to the project and corporate HSE procedures and maintain a safe working environment.
- Contributes to the 90 days and 6-weeks look-ahead plans, and implements work in agreed sequence
- Is familiar with project and subcontractor contracts, and records all changes in accordance with Management of Change procedure
- Liaise with Client senior management and ensures good relations are maintained through project
- Responsible for generating regular progress reports for review by management
- Coordinates with Completions supervision to ensure completed work is handed over in agreed sequence
- Strong advocate for quality construction installations and ensuring that we construct the right way, the first time, in adherence to project and corporate quality assurance policies and procedure
- Implementation of standard construction work processes (CPs), manuals, procedures, and systems
- Manage construction and maintenance of temporary facilities
- Promotes an open, honest, direct, and positive communication’s style.
- Manage the construction team creating an atmosphere of cooperation and team spirit.
- Develop the staff so that every supervisory position has a deputy able to stand in for absences and rotation leaves. Identify and mentor high potential personnel and recent college/university graduates and allow training time
- Generates KPI’s for each of his subordinates that reflect his own and the projects, assesses his subordinates and provides feedback accordingly.
- Responsible for representing Petrofac in all construction related meetings with clients and subcontractors and assuming all other responsibilities in the absence of Construction Director. Ensure that good working relations are maintained with client throughout project.
We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
Petrofac is striving to develop a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can contribute. We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who form part of underrepresented groups. Applications are also welcome from candidates who want to discuss flexible working or job-sharing requests.
If you are selected as a potential candidate, we will be in touch.