The purpose of this position is to oversee and direct the performance of assigned field construction activities for assigned projects in conformance with plans, specifications, schedules, and cost estimates. This role requires a working knowledge and background of assigned work, while gaining the ability to appreciate and resolve complex situations with assistance, as necessary, and see actions as a series of steps. This Construction Manager role is the initial position to direct other multi-discipline line supervision as necessary in their respective roles to meet or exceed all project objectives. This position requires the ability to coordinate and direct construction craftsmen in numerous crafts and/or to manage multi-discipline contractors/subcontractors for the same within the assigned area of responsibility.
- Assure that all requirements and expectations of the Construction Manager are achieved with strict adherence to other business line requirements
- This position will be required to manage multiple concurrent construction activities across the entire Rumaila field
- Responsible to review engineering drawings prior to issue to contractors for clashes, errors, constructability issues and work packs
- Responsible to review and approve construction method statements
- Frontline in driving Continuous Improvement in Construction Execution Activities
- Be a Leader in HSE Excellence and mentor all direct report field staff in daily activities
- Execute field construction activities in conformance with project drawings, specifications, international codes, schedules, cost estimates, procedures, quality requirements, and HSE standards with specific emphasis on COW (Control of Work) and Risk Assessment
- Control project schedule and cost through the efficient use of all construction resources including manpower, materials, tools, and equipment
- Monitor productivity and cost and implement appropriate action to maintain maximum labour productivity and cost-effectiveness
- Play an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project, providing Safety Leadership and driving a commitment for all work performed
- Strong emphasis on mentoring and developing local Iraqi supervisors and workers to advance the nationalization effort
- Other duties as assigned
Other Job Requirements
- Direct and responsible for all field staff assigned to the project(s) through direct reports typically consisting of contractors and supervisors heading up the various functions (i.e., Safety, Quality, Construction Supervisors, Site Services and others as appropriate for the project(s))
- Serve as lead person to coordinate all site activities and communication within the site/project areas as well as between those areas and other offices and locations
- Coordinate and implement indirect activities, internal and external, required to support a productive project execution; including functional staff support, support craft activities, and any other resource necessary to assure a safe and quality project execution
- Responsible to assure all work undertaken is within approved scope boundaries and is in full compliance with all pertinent requirements
- Responsibility typically includes serving as the single point of contact for assigned project field area.
- Participate as an active member of Incident Investigation teams.
- Accredited four (4) or two (2) year degree/ qualification or global equivalent in applicable field of study and fourteen (14) years of work-related experience or a combination of education and directly related experience equal to eighteen (18) years if non-degreed or tradesman
- Experience working in MENA (Middle East North Africa) region with exposure to remote/hostile environments
- Ability to communicate effectively with audiences that include but are not limited to management, co-workers, operations staff, vendors, contractors, and other stakeholders
- Job related technical knowledge necessary to complete the job
- Ability to apply knowledge of applicable local, national, and international standards, codes, statutes and guidelines
- Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner
- Work is camp based on a 28 & 28-day (or extended) rotation
- Excellent skills in interpersonal relations, conflict resolution, communication, and leadership; possess strong presentation ability to address management, site operations management, and total project personnel with command
- Demonstrated strong decision making, critical thinking and problem-solving skills with ability to remain calm while taking charge in critical situations
- Basic computer and software skills to include the use of word processing, e-mail, spreadsheet, GIS, AutoCAD (or similar) type programs
- Competency in administrative functions related to project and office operations is important
- Functional proficiency in project controls, human relations, industrial relations, and contract management as it applicable to assigned area of responsibility; possess the capacity to direct those functions as required to support the project execution while typically being well seasoned in most functions as they apply to management of the project
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.