Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently looking for a Construction Manager – Pipeline to strengthen our team in Basra, Iraq. This is a site based position on a 4 Weeks On / 4 Weeks Off rotation.
- Display continuous HSE leadership – ensuring safe project delivery, building a proactive safety culture and intervening where required;
- Coach (local) contractors and company staff on safe construction practices;
- Demonstrate Quality leadership – ensuring that projects are delivered to specifications and required quality standards;
- Build local capability by transferring knowledge to company Iraqi pipeline engineers and graduates (coaching, advising) and Contractor Personnel;
- Site Construction Management, including managing contractor construction and our client project construction team;
- Schedule Control and Progress Reporting coordination;
- Advise on special construction techniques including road and waterway crossings and hottapping
- Quality management, including reporting coordination and managing Non Conformities;
- In conjunction with Pipeline Project Engineer, raise and follow through on Site Technical Queries. Coordinate between Contractors and our CLIENT and WG Engineers and Technical Authorities
- Input into front-end studies in areas of route selection and construction methodology
- Build relationships and work with internal and external stakeholders including third party asset (operational) personnel and company asset personnel
- In country rotation with B2B Pipeline Construction Lead.
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum 15 years of Pipeline Construction experience, of which 10 in a construction management role;
- Strong and demonstratable HSE leadership, including coaching of local staff and contractors;
- Self-starting individual with strong motivation for safe, high-quality efficient delivery;
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills;
- Previous Pipeline Construction Management roles in both Client and Contractor teams;
- Previous experience of managing client construction teams (QA/QC, HSE, local staff)
- Previous working experience for an International Oil & Gas Company ;
- Experienced in executing projects in Iraq or similar environments;
- Preferably experiences in hot-tapping and stoppling execution
- Experienced in specialist pipeline crossing techniques including HDD, thrust borings and open cut methodologies.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!