WTS Energy is seeking to hire for ”3” Construction Managers each one for a Power plant, a Substation and an Over Headline Transmission (OHTL) project to be based in “Iraq on 28/28 rotation” for an EPCM project.
- The Construction Manager will lead all construction activity as part of the provision of Project Management Consultant (PMC) services for either of the Power plant, 132kV Grid Substation (132kV GSS) Project and the 132kV Overhead Line (132kV OHTL) Project. This will include ensuring that all site and construction activity by EPC Contractor meets the requirements of the Contract and the Client, resolving construction issues and managing the PMC construction team resources at site.
- Assure correct performance of all site and construction activities by EPC Contractors, including:
- Temporary facilities
- Constructability inputs
- Construction execution strategy and plans
- Construction organization and manpower plans
- Construction schedule and build sequence
- HSSE leadership, management and execution
- Quality leadership, management and execution
- Procurement and Material Handling
- Construction execution and management of subcontractors
- Incorporation of Company comments into construction planning and execution, completions, commissioning, and energization.
- Monitor and drive project progress in terms of both quality and schedule
- Manage and communicate all performance, resource, risk, cost, quality, and schedule aspects of project execution on behalf of the Client
- Management of PMC construction team engineers and resources to ensure quality and schedule requirements are met
- Ensure safe project delivery
- Ensure quality requirements of Project are met
- Identify and resolve issues
- Identify and resolve potential conflicts between EPC Contractor’s plans and execution and Client’s and Contract’s requirements
- Manage project interfaces both internally and externally
- Review routine reports, initiate appropriate actions, and ensure actions are completed in the correct timeframe
- Provide construction input to preparation of ITT documents, evaluation of tenders, and other project management activity as required.
- Anticipate future tasks and challenges and prepare plans for review and approval
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the main Engineering branches. Electrical preferred but not essential.
- Minimum 20 years’ experience in similar Distribution and Transmission industry.
· Minimum 15 years’ experience in industry related project delivery in a construction management role
· Arabic language skills desirable but not essential
· Strong leadership and teambuilding skills
· Experience as a construction manager for multi-discipline EPC projects – essential
· Experience as a construction manager in PMC role – essential
· Experience as construction manager on project with significant power generation and distribution scope
· Experience working in Gulf region with local contractors.
· Separate Construction Manager Roles for Power Plant, 132kV GSS and 132kV OHTL projects.
· 28-days on/28-days off rotation