Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for Construction Piping Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry. Candidate must be able to work on daily basis in Basra, Iraq.
- Excellent interaction with construction team and all other disciplines.
- Develop team working and communication skills.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with peer groups, management, internal and external stakeholders.
- Coach / mentor / develop team by sharing knowledge and best practices.
- Mentoring, supervising and supporting development for reports – ensure learning opportunities are captured and realised.
- Lead by example, setting high personal standards for peers to follow.
- Clear communication and co-ordination with relevant site and office based personnel.
- Proactively demonstrate and drive safety and leadership.
- Process Ownership:
- Proactively support compliance with Wood Group (WG) Life Saving rules.
- Work within the WG core values framework at all times driving safety as our top priority.
- Demonstrate knowledge of company processes and systems used within the Construction Excellence Framework (CEF).
- Be compliant with company procedures and client codes and standards
- Display awareness of project management system requirements.
- Accountable for the (applicable) construction deliverables to the required technical standards.
- Work within WOOD’s work pack process, giving clear activity breakdown and detailed narratives for all construction activities.
- To contribute discipline experience to the ongoing development of project work methods, processes and team development.
- Carry out a constructability review of all work packs. Feedback any issues to construction lead or relevant engineering discipline. This will include input at scope survey and engineering stage.
- Ensure that all plant and equipment meets requirements, fully certificated and controlled cost effectively.
- Attend meetings on behalf of WOOD and inform project management of any issues arising from these meetings.
- Liaise closely with the construction lead / coordinators to ensure all sub-contractors personnel, materials, plant, equipment, vendors, special tools, common user’s services and consumables are correctly resourced and available.
- Deliver against agreed planned work scopes ensuring obligations are met by way of timely completion of work packs.
- Subject Matter Expertise:
- Display and apply knowledge of site safe working practices and client safety procedures and standards.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of technical specifications.
- Demonstrate Health, Safety and Environment (HS&E) leadership in line with company expectations.
- Have a good technical knowledge of construction discipline and associated processes.
- Provide discipline input to scope definition and execution.
- Ability to identify risk to delivery and build in mitigation / contingency plans.
- Show an enthusiasm to develop core skills.
- Demonstrate professional and positive attitudes / behaviours.
- Ability to mobilise to onshore/offshore sites to carry out site surveys and support construction activities as required.
- Willing to work flexible hours to meet client requirements.
- Execute assigned personal tasks and contract objectives.
- Contribute to continuous improvement.
- Participate in company and local safety initiatives.
- Assist to troubleshoot where required, to identify problem causes and recommend solutions.
- Provide discipline input into scope definition and execution.
- Take accountability for personal development in line with expected competency schedule.
- Deliver high personal performance and actively maintain own competence.
- Align with and drive agreed values and behaviours.
- Contribute to delivery of the planned work scopes in an efficient and timely manner.
- Supporting and checking tasks delegated to Associate Engineers and Technical Assistants.
Skills / Qualifications
- Time served relevant trade discipline or relevant NVQ/SVQ/HNC/HND.
- 5 years relevant construction experience.
- Oil and gas experience is advantageous or proven track record in industry with transferable skills.
- Exposure to working within a technical environment.
- Good interpersonal organisational, communication and team building skills.
- Computer literate.
- Discipline technical knowledge.
- Proven experience of interpreting discipline documentation.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of Risk Assessments (RA), Hazard and Operability Studies (HAZOPS) and Hazard Identification Studies (HAZIDS).
- Ability to work with timelines/targets.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!