Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Construction Site Lead at Basra, Iraq with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
- Provide visible Safety Leadership for to all site teams
- Proactively develop behaviours and culture of safety first to achieve Goal Zero
- Front line responsibility for assurance of IC HSE performance, achieving customer’s standards
- Compliance with HSE execution plan and delivery against safety road map activities and actions.
- Plan, lead and attend safety site visits, TBT, safety stand downs, CSSS audits
- Promote positive intervention across all teams, raise observations by intervention empower IC teams to identify hazards and implement controls
- Identify and implement km reduction opportunities with the IC execute improvements as planed
- Lead and participate in safety incident investigations
- Lead and participate in Design, HAZID, Constructability reviews. Identify hazards and controls, constructability improvements and improve efficiency
- Support the asset project engineers and work face planning teams in expediting construction deliverables (Work packs and materials) to the installation contractor as required on site dates
- Ensure the site-based IC work face planning and supervisory teams plan and execute work in line with the schedule and work pack scope. Preparing materials and equipment (bagging and tagging) and delivering to the work face
- Support the asset material lead in ensuring the IC provide preservation measures for identified equipment and materials
- Ensure the site-based IC identify recruit and assign competent manpower to achieve the schedule
- Identify and support hand on tool time improvements with the IC report improvements
- Proactively identify and promote effective working methods with the IC
- Lead and participate in contractor mobilization, Go No Go process ensuring critical HSE, construction, quality, logistics, material management, processes and systems are compliant to customer’s standards
- Assess and review risks that could impact construction delivery (e.g. material delivery, transportation, resourcing & local content issues) and ensure appropriate mitigations
- Ensure compliance to including reviews & updates of the following: HSE Plan, Security plan, Environmental plan. Quality plan, site construction execution plan
- Deliver the approved scope through the implementation contractor, using the approved systems and procedures, per the agreed schedule
- Deliver the scope to Mechanical Completion and support Pre commission to RFC condition, Confirmation of scope completion against contract payment milestones
- Ensure the IC implements and executes the construction scope as per project schedule.
- Drive and direct the IC to achieve the contract and project schedule and payment milestone dates
- Ensure the IC site material control and bagging and tagging activities are in line with area construction schedule requirements
- Support the cutomer’s logistics and site material team ensuring understanding of company free issue materials requirements to support the schedule and IC
- Ensure the IC provides manpower, construction equipment and supplies subcontract services to support the project schedule
- Attend daily coordination and PTW meetings with IC providing coordination guidance ensuring delivery against the 7/14day look ahead. Provide customer PTW authority for identified high risk activities.
- Attend weekly progress meetings with IC providing coordination guidance ensuring delivery against the 30 day look ahead
- Attend monthly progress meeting with the IC providing coordination guidance ensuring delivery against the 90 day look ahead
- Review contractor reports and MoM for accuracy identify and report incorrect reporting.
- Expedite and manage superintendents reporting, complete and submit daily/weekly area progress reports to the CM.
- Issue to management, status reports, progress reports and ensures the traceability of all reports throughout all phases of the project
- Ensure prompt responses to the IC construction quires expediting vendor support as required
- Ensure the IC raises site TQ’s in line with procedure and issued via the site project engineer
- Ensure that changes related to TQs responses are implemented on site. Confirm appropriate Site instructions or variations are approved prior to work
- Review of contractor requested variation and so site instructions confirming variation and assessment of commercial and schedule impact.
- Adhere to the approved project documentation and procedures and deliver “quality in construction.”
- Ensure IC are compliant with quality and flawless requirements interfacing with the Asset Quality lead to ensure compliance and support assurance audits
- Ensure IC comply with Flawless requirements Tightness, cleanliness preservation
- Ensure asset superintendents and discipline leads complete critical RFI support for IC quality witness points
- Ensure asset superintendents and discipline leads complete critical ITR verification and approval of identified safety critical ITRs
- Support the completions team to ensure correct and timely Go Completion system preparation and support the IC in providing documentation at RFC to CSU
- Support the pre commission lead in assure and approving the IC PreCommission plans and procedures ensure execution as agreed schedule
- Confirm IC provide adequate materials equipment and IC technicians to support the agreed schedule
- Ensure customer discipline assurance during IC pre-commission and testing activities
- Plan and coordinate asset resources to ensure support to the IC during pre-commission activities
- Ensure vendor support is identified and manged by the IC
- Ensure the IC include customer safety critical assurance verification and approvals within the discipline ITR approval process
- Ensure and confirm The Test Sheets are correct and IC approved in preparation for approval by customer and/or VENDOR and the Certifying Agency as applicable
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science Degree or Diploma in relevant discipline Engineering or Construction trade and management qualification from a recognised University or College
- Has minimum 15 years experience in the Oil and Gas industry
- Has minimum 5 years experience in Iraq and or Middle East
- Experience in multi Construction projects in several different countries
- IT Literate (Excel / Word etc)
- Good influencing and negotiating skills
- Previous experience working on rotation with back to back is an advantage
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!