Petrofac is currently looking to recruit a Construction Supervisor based in Iraq.
What we do
Petrofac is a leading international service provider to the energy industry, with a diverse client portfolio including many of the world’s leading energy companies.
We design, build, manage and maintain infrastructure for the energy industries. Our comprehensive and tailored service offering covers each stage of the project life cycle and a variety of commercial models, giving our clients the flexibility, they need.
- Effective management of risks associated with construction related work activities. It is expected that the individual will be highly visible in the field and ensure delivery of HSE and plant integrity and efficiency targets
- Developing local contractor and Rumaila Operating Organization (ROO) site leaders by creating expectations of quality and delivery and assuring that it is achieved.
- Lead and direct ROO and contractor supervisors in the development, prioritization, and delivery of multi-disciplined activities.
- Support the integration of strategic maintenance contractors and contracted resources to the work activities to enhance safety, competence, performance, and delivery.
- Participate in piping/mechanical constructability and planning activities for all greenfield and brownfield work scopes.
- Ensure compliance with International Standards, Iraqi Legislation & Company Standards
- Ensure all piping, mechanical and structural scope is fully installed, mechanically complete and ready to hand over for commissioning activities.
- Responsible for the safe and efficient, technically correct installation of piping and mechanical equipment.
- Manage costs associated with the installation of field activities
- Ability to solve problems and obtain the best value from our resource pool to support the delivery of activities.
- Assist in the continuous optimization of delivery of activities.
- Provide installation descriptions and correlate design packages into construction packages.
- Ensure safe construction practices and high standards of safety are maintained in the field at all times
- Degree in Engineering (preferably Mechanical) or an equivalent technical education with significant experience in either oil and gas, refining or chemical plant construction and with demonstrated capability in leading brownfield construction related activities.
We recruit, reward, and develop our people based on merit regardless of race, nationality, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, marital status or disability. We value our people and treat everyone who works for or with Petrofac fairly and without discrimination.
Petrofac is striving to develop a diverse and inclusive culture where everyone can contribute. We encourage everyone to apply, especially those individuals who form part of underrepresented groups. Applications are also welcome from candidates who want to discuss flexible working or job-sharing requests.
If you are selected as a potential candidate, we will be in touch.