Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for Construction Supervisor – Civil to strengthen our team in Basra, Iraq on a 6/6 weeks rotation for the following responsibilities:
- Create and sustain a good team spirit within the project team, CLIENT, and EPC Contractor
- Supervise construction and co-ordinate work at site to maximize the effectiveness of construction delivery to time, budget and quality objectives
- Monitor and review construction documentation to support timely construction installation and completion
- Monitor progress and review construction installation and completions by the EPC Contractor at site
- Ensure assigned work is managed and delivered to CLIENT satisfaction
- Enhance and demonstrate commitment to raising HSE standards and proposing new initiatives or improvements
- Review project studies and proposals for constructability and/or construction hazard identification
- Monitor and review construction related documentation originated by the EPC Contractor
- Provide technical assistance to the construction supervision team
- Assist in the resolution of field construction queries interfacing with engineering and completions
- Assist in the review and approval of sub-contractors method statements
- Review “as built “drawings
- Participate in meetings as required
- Monitor, appraise, and report to CLIENT on quality and safety construction performed by the EPC Contractor and their Subcontractors / Vendors
Skills / Qualifications
- HND or home country equivalent:
- Minimum 10 years in Oil & Gas Project Construction and Execution
- Experience in Brown and Greenfield construction projects
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!