Construction Supervisor Mechanical /Piping
Construction Supervisor Mechanical/ Piping
Overall view of the role:
- Responsible for the safe, quality and environmentally friendly execution of all construction activities on time and within specifications for projects that they are supervising.
- Will lead their projects through management of construction contractors as well as work with the EPCM and Construction Field Engineer and the engineering department in order to meet project objectives.
- Ensure timely reporting and assist in investigation of all HSE incidents on their jobs including identifying corrective actions to mitigate/eliminate hazards.
- Ensuring the safe execution of the work following Shell Safe Work Practices.
- Ensures construction work is carried out in accordance with agreed to safety plan, quality plan and schedule.
- Direct accountability for day to day construction activities within area of responsibility.
- Ensure required PTSW, confined space rescue plans, deviations, impairment permits, etc. are in place as required.
- Perform daily safety audits of construction activities per safety accountability matrix.
- Attend weekly safety meetings for contractors on their projects and ensure no conflict to attendance.
- Assist in constructability reviews as required.
- Provides direction to contractor in accordance with engineering IFC package and related construction work orders.
- Attends final walk down for construction jobs with Construction Field Engineer, Project Engineer and Operations prior to turnover. Manages the punch-list items.
- Brings any construction field related issues requiring engineering support to Construction Field Engineer and meets with Discipline Engineer as required.
- Monitors construction progress and ensure labour, equipment and material resources are available and effectively used in accordance with construction plan.
- Acts as the main interface between various plant departments and the contractor.
- Authorizes contractor overtime after consulting with Construction Field Engineer as required.
- Focal point for Co-ordination of resources for changing priorities relative to his work area.
- Responsible to co-ordinate sequential work activities between contractors (e.g.. scaffolds).
- Confirm construction materials and equipment are ordered and on site.
- Co-ordinate with Construction Field Engineer to expedite late material.
- Signs contractor daily timesheets as required.
- Monitor, mentor and coach all contractors (with emphasis on those new to site) to learn expectations that come with working at Shell. Monitor their performance, recognize positive work and address areas of improvement. Special attention to the Shell safety culture and minimum expectations.
- Minimum 50% Field Time.
- Attend at least 3 contractors tool box talk per week.
- Attend at least 1 contractor weekly safety meeting.
- Minimum 1 joint Shell/Contractor job site visit per day per project.
Experience and Qualifications required
- Recognised technical or professional qualification such as HND or trade apprenticeship.
- Construction experience gained working on project activity or site maintenance activities. Track record of delivery against HSE and performance goals.
- Minimum 10 years project construction experience whereas 5 years in a supervisor position
- Preferably can demonstrate knowledge of Shell specifications and standards.
- Demonstrate an extensive understanding of HSE management systems. Continually shows safety leadership on the work site.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate a good understanding environmental regulations and requirements.
- Ability to influence and drive contractor to improve safety, quality, and production.
- Ability to effectively engage with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrates knowledge of Quality Surveillance.