Construction Supervisors E&I
KBR is a global provider of differentiated professional services and technologies across the asset and program life cycle within the Government Services and Hydrocarbons sectors. KBR employs approximately 34,000 people worldwide (including our joint ventures), with customers in more than 80 countries, and operations in 40 countries
We are looking for a Construction Supervisors E&I to work on EPCM portfolio of projects under a general service agreement.
Position Title: Construction Supervisors E&I
Work Location: Basra, Iraq
Rotation Cycle: 28/28 days
Work Week: 84 hours/week
Project Duration: Long Term
Scope of work: Upstream work from Water Injection Facilities, Oil Processing, ESPs, Tanks,
flowlines and trucklines, production headers, ring mains
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Construction Lead is responsible for the complete administration and organization of construction and field personnel and directs the field effort through the activities of his staff. He reports directly to the Project Manager. Specific responsibilities of the Construction Lead include:
Overall view of the role:
- Contributes to Construction Safety by reducing site exposure through modularization, standardization and maximizing off plot construction.
- Contributes in the development of brownfield construction strategies and planning initiatives for project opportunities pre FID.
- Focusses on addressing and removing hurdles to efficient construction and actively monitors productivity on site, advising (acting on behalf of) the construction manager of ways to improve the productivity metrics.
- Identifies and monitors brownfield construction planning initiatives for approved projects post FID.
- Will input into enhancing the design, contracting strategy and execution planning all in consideration of constructability through input into HSE, cost, schedule and quality.
- Being an active member of the Project Team and managing construction organization interfaces by working collaboratively across the project organization providing direction, coordination and alignment of construction strategies and planning.
- Acts as the Construction interface from the point of project inception to the point the project starts field execution.
- Working with the Project Engineer and EPCM Construction Management Team, development of a construction strategy & execution plan including cost & schedule to effectively execute construction deliverables for the project.
- Ability to effectively work on more than one project at a time.
- Coordinate with Project Engineer and EPCM Construction Management Team to bring a coordinated approach to the overall project scope, quality, cost and schedule expectations.
- Ensure that planning of the project deliverables from Engineering and Contracts & Procurement is line with the construction sequence and further to the hand over sequence.
- Ensures designs make optimal use of cold work, modularization and off plots construction to minimize HSSE exposure on site.
- Assure that the final design has provided an appropriate construction risk assessment versus economic benefit via definition, timing and facilitation of the Constructability Review(s).
- Coordinate with the Project Engineer and EPCM Construction Management to bring a fit for purpose Work Face Planning process into the project planning and execution.
Ensure that construction project activities are effectively coordinated and integrated into the total project integrated plan and support EPCM to manage interfaces with Operation and other disciplines
Education, Skills & Experience:
- BSc., University degree in any of the main Engineering branches., i.e. Instruments , Electrical
Experience and Skill set
- Minimum 15 years experience in Oil and Gas related project Design and Engineering
- Minimum 10 years experience in Oil and Gas Project Delivery as a Umbrella Contract Construction Lead function in a multidiscipline Workforce
- Experience in Productivity measurement resource based planning (Level 4 Scheduling)
- Strong leadership and teambuilding skillsSupervisory experience