At Eni, we are looking for a Contract Administrator within Eni Iraq B.V in Basra, Iraq. You will be responsible for supporting the Contract Holder in carrying out the day-to-day administration and management of the awarded Contracts in compliance with company procedures and regulations. Facilitate and maintain the efficient interface and communication between all the functions involved in the process of pre and post contract award. Support the Contract Holders in verifying that the Contractor’s performance is following the terms and conditions of the awarded contracts.
As a member of the procurement department at Eni Iraq B.V you will be responsible for:
- Expedite and follow up the execution of the contracts.
- Ensure the monitoring of the spent money against the administrative contract value
- Verify that the awarded contractor has supplied all the documentation required under the contract to ensure its compliance with contractual obligations
- Maintain communication with Contractors regarding the contract execution process, potential changes to the contract, ensuring proper traceability and involvement when necessary other relevant functions
- Ensure that the Contract Holder is notified of any incompliances/irregularities identified during the execution of the contract and the appropriate feedbacks are issued on time
- Analyse any requests for changes arising during the execution phase, in particular verifying their applicability under the terms of the contract
- Support Contract Holder in claims and disputes settlement
- Provide upon request systematic reporting related to the contract administration activities
- Maintain the efficient filing system for all the managed contracts.
- Coordinate contract administration practices throughout the project lifecycle
- Perform contract analysis in order to monitor the achievement of project goals
- Assist Contract Holder in the management of Contracts in compliance with applicable procedures and guidelines
- Verify Contractor’s compliance with Terms and Conditions of the contract, Scope of Work, Deliverables and Schedule, and report to Contract Holder any deviation or missing part
- Provide general contractual / commercial advice to the Contract Holder when required
- Provide necessary assistance in contractual negotiation and dispute resolution. Liaise with Procurement, Finance and/or Legal Department with reference to significant Contractual/Commercial issues
- Support the Contract Holder with Kick-off meetings between Company and Contractor and preparation of the relevant Minutes of meetings
- When applicable, attend the Handover meeting with C&P and verify the completeness of Contract documents
- Support Contract Holders with preparation of official Letters to Contractors on routine contractual/commercial matters
- Ensure timely management of Call Offs and Service Entries
- Verify invoices and related papers in order to clear the payments
- Assist and support Contract Holder in contract changes management process (variations and amendments)
- Assist and support CH in subcontracting management activities and subsequent subcontractor authorization process
- Maintain effective communication channel between all the functions involved in the Contract execution process
- Managing contracts close out, lessons learned and performance feedback processes in accordance with company procedures and contract provisions
- Assist and support Contract Holder during internal/external audit activities and ensure the implementation of audit recommendations by the teams involved
- Support Contract Holder in case of requests from Authority in relation to queries/approvals relevant to post award contract management process
- Develop and maintain a contract claim log and consolidate periodically inputs from Contract Holders
- Maintain report of active contracts reflecting the overall picture of contract progress in terms of amount spent against ACV, contract expiration, including criticalities on the performance.
- Maintain report of active major contracts, reflecting all the variation requests by Contractor, the variation orders, and the amendment
- Maintain report of all subcontracting activities reflecting the status of authorization process
- Ensure proper archiving and storage of all contractual documents, correspondences, MoMs, progress reports, delivery notes, acts of acceptance, bank guarantees, insurances, hse documents, close out reports, declarations from Contractors, feedbacks, etc.
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, additional qualifications in Economics, Engineering or Law is a plus
- experience in O&G sector of which a minimum of 3 years in Contract Administration and Procurement roles.
- Advanced Knowledge of the post award contract management process: application and development of standards, procedures, working instructions in accordance with regulatory system – Use and application of methodologies for the management of variations and claims during the contract lifecycle with relevant analysis of impact on costs
- General knowledge of pre-award activities: Procurement planning and management – Requisitions – Bid Evaluations – Knowledge of various types of contracts and different Procurement Strategies
- Good knowledge of English, both written and spoken
- Civil law and contractual requirements: Regulation of contract/subcontracts – Health Safety and Environment – Safety at worksites – Technical Specifications and standards – Contract Terms and Conditions – International Petroleum Agreements
- Ability to work with varying seniority levels, including staff, managers and external partners
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
At Eni we believe in enterprising people, capable of making a difference and making their contribution with passion and innovation, to respond to the global challenges of the energy transition. For us, the skills and attitudes of each individual, continuous training, and diversity and inclusion are fundamental. We promote flexible ways of working with particular attention to well-being, welfare and work life-balance.
Eni will evaluate applications considering plurality and diversity as sources of enrichment. If your application is assessed to be among those most in line with the required profile, you will be contacted to continue the selection process.
Whatever your ambition, at Eni you can find the tools to make it happen.
Energy for action takers