.NES Fircroft are looking for a Senior Cost Engineer to join a major project on a 28/28 rotation in Iraq.
The synopsis of this position is to support the Projects Team, Cost Team Lead and Construction Services Team to produce deliverables including but not limited to management of change, trending, reporting, progress, Value of Work Done (VOWD) calculations, forecasting, supporting payment, contracts and budget administration.
- Ability to support in the delivery of various Cost Reports and information to Finance Department, Small Projects and Management as per set deadlines and as required
- Ability to interface with all stakeholders (internal and external) to obtain accurate data for VOWD & forecast purposes. To independently expedite estimates of planned activity sets for fiscal year and life cycle scopes taking into consideration updating estimates, opportunities and vulnerabilities to provide P10 / P50 / P90 outputs.
- Champion the Small Projects Opportunities and Vulnerabilities register and work with stakeholders to support required interventions for the business
- Support internal departments in the generation and closure of commitments
- Support review of Scopes of Work for Contractors to price as well as review of received offers in the form of a CTR and ensure price offers an in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of the Contracts as well as the SOW
- Support in identification and agreement of star rates, re-measurements, method of measurements, rules of credit agreement on CTRs, internal audits on contracts, etc
Actuals / Invoice Processing
- Technical Review of invoices: Applied payment is in accordance with the Contract and agreed CTR and all relevant supporting document(s) are attached as stipulated)
- Interface with delivery teams, contractors and internal departments to expedite issues related to payment administration
- Coordinate with assigned Contractors to facilitate the submission of Vendor data and work independently to review submissions and update the overall monthly cost files to produce accurate monthly deliverables as per deadlines
- Support queries relates to costs, Cost Time Resources (CTRs), invoice processing and cash calls
- Ability to set up, manage and maintain Progress Systems and Reporting to performance manage Contracts assigned
- Set up and manage ‘norms’ database to support CTR reviews and estimates of activities
- Support Cost Lead in review and uploading accurate information into PowerBi for reporting use to management
- Provide experience and lessons learned to improve systems, processes and procedures
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Previous experience in a QS, Cost, Contracts, or Project Engineer role for a multinational company (5+ years) is required
- University Degree in Engineering, or Quantity Surveying
- Oil & Gas industry and/or Construction Projects experience is a must
- Strong analytical and information skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and willingness to learn new and improve old processes
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Strong Computer skills predominantly in Microsoft Applications, Excel is essential for this role
- Strong English language speaking and writing skills.
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Chemicals, Construction & Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining and Manufacturing sectors worldwide. With more than 80 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.