Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Cost Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
We will only consider applications from local Iraqi nationals preferably residing in Basra.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of Project Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and Cost Breakdown Structure (CBS) for specific scopes.
- Assist in the development of project budgets in accordance with project estimate and CTR Catalogue.
- Manage the project work approval process in terms of accurate cost code allocation and initial budget set-up and approvals.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of project cost plans using appropriate software applications.
- Monitor and control cost commitments and expenditures through all phases of project lifecycle.
- Liaise with planning as required to ensure accuracy in project cost phasing and forecasting.
- Liaise with procurement, finance and time-capture functions, and third parties as required, to ensure accurate and timely capture of procurement, materials, subcontract and labour man-hour costs. Ensure costs are allocated accurately in accordance with approved project WBS.
- Liaise with engineering, procurement and construction functions, and others as required, to maintain awareness of project activities and their impact on the project budget, schedule and cost forecast.
- Provide copies of project cost performance reports in accordance with project reporting requirements.
- Produce and issue updates to project cost forecasts.
- Monitor and report on cost impact of project manpower forecasts.
- Assist in the development and issue of project change orders / variations in accordance with engineering and construction change notifications.
- Communicate cost and schedule impact of change notifications.
- Monitor overall project cost performance and contingency drawdown.
- Attend project meetings as required.
- Assist in the project cost close-out process.
- Attend cost & estimate risk analysis sessions as required.
- Assist with audits to ensure compliance with relevant Wood procedures.
Skills / Qualifications
- Enthusiastic and Self-starter.
- Demonstrable commitment to the Company & Client’s Core Values.
- Commitments to continuous improvement.
- Good communication, delegation and team leading skills.
- Trustworthy and approachable.
- Microsoft office and excel experience preferred
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!