We are seeking to employ a candidate for the following position:
Country Deputy Human Resources Coordinator
Place of work: Erbil – and all mission locations
Deadline for application: 05/12/2020
Main purpose of the job:
Support the HR Coordinator through delegated tasks and responsibilities according to the instructions of the HR Coordinator and MSF protocols in order to improve the management of human resources and contribute to the professional growth of MSF employees in the mission. Replaces the HR Coordinator in his/her absence
The HR Coordinator can delegate ad hoc any responsibility to the Deputy HR Coordinator, depending on the dimension of the Mission. Among others, the Deputy HR Coordinator could:
- Participate in the Human Resource planning, implementation and monitoring in the mission to properly achieve the mission’s objectives and respond to needs that may arise, particularly:
- Participate in the definition of job profiles, and the mission set-up in terms of HR needs
- Participating in the project opening and closing and its timeframe from HR perspective.
- Provide support to field teams in order to guarantee good performance and management.
- Provide support to field coordinators, field Administration Managers and other supervisors in all HR related issues, provide technical support ensuring they understand and apply HR management policies and tools.
- Provide support in the legal, administrative HR management of the mission, for both national and international staff , on issues related to Labour law, contracts, salaries, social security, labor relations, health insurance systems, etc
- Check together with HRCo the living standards of international, regional, delocalized staff and help monitoring international staff’s movements (visas, tickets, etc)
- Participate in the selection and recruitment processes, as well as in the induction programmes and welcome briefings/sessions in order to recruit and prepare the most suitable candidates for the mission
- Participate in the identification of staff development, training needs / potential to promote the professional growth of people within the organization.
- Report to the HRCo on the implementation of HR policies in the field as well as of any incidents / problems that may arise and make proposals to improve HR management in the field.
- Support HRCo in the overall administration of the Mission.
- Represent MSF in meetings with Authorities and other NGOs for issues related to HR and Administration, at the request of the HRCo.
- Support HRCo in all reporting tools under his/her responsibility.
MSF Switzerland Specific Accountabilities:
- Flexible, good communication skills, work ethics and interest in Humanitarian action.
- Knowledge of the Iraqi Labour Law (Federal Iraq and KRI) and HR related regulations.
- Ensuring technical and managerial support to field teams through regular visits to the projects.
- Covering the gaps in the projects due to sick leaves, holidays or delayed arrivals.
- Person has to be available at all times and be ready to travel to other locations decided by the mission
Specific requirements for the role:
- Essential University degree or further specialization in HR management
- Essential experience in HR Management positions (minimum 2 years).
- Desirable experience in MSF or another NGO’s (minimum 2 years).
Languages: Essential English, Arabic and Kurdish
Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel, outlook, internet, ect)
- Strategic vision and planning
- Leadership, people management and Development
- Teamwork and Cooperation
What we offer:
- Legal national contract and pay in accordance with MSF Salary Grid.
- The chance to gain professional development and to develop (career path, training, etc.) within the organisation.
- The opportunity to contribute to our objective of saving lives, alleviating suffering and working with those most in need.
- Address Erbil – and all mission locations
- Salary Offer MSF Salary Grid
- How to apply Interested candidates are invited to submit their complete application file (CV + motivation letter + references + ID card), Only applications with complete documentation will be considered. Optional: A short video introduction of yourself and your motivation By email to [email protected] Please indicate “Deputy Human Resources Coordinator” in the e-mail title. We recommend all applicants to write a cover letter containing an introduction of yourself, explaining why you are applying for the position, and explaining why you think you are suitable for the position. English CVs only Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted Your application will not be returned to you at any stage of the recruitment process. We may take down this vacancy in case we’ve reached the required number of applications. Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Job Reference https://www.ngosjobs-bids.com/jobs/job-detail/job-deputy-human-resources-coordinator-22449/nav-15