WRS Kurdistan is looking to hire local candidates for the position of
Country Deputy Logistics Coordinator, for one of our international humanitarian organization client in Erbil.
Type of work: Full time
Place of work: Erbil – and all mission locations
Deadline for application: 19/January/2021
Main purpose of the job:
Supporting the Logistics Coordinator through delegated tasks and responsibilities, replacing him/her in his/her absence and participating and collaborating in the implementation of strategies and support to the field in accordance with protocols, standards and procedures in order to enable the development of the mission and optimize the impact of the projects.
• Participating actively in the definition and monitoring of annual project planning and budgets and the Emergency Preparation Plan, defining strategies and advising the Logistics Coordinator in the translation of the identified needs into objectives, priorities and resources needed for intervention.
• Defining, monitoring, evaluating and ensuring the implementation of the strategies and activities in the mission of the following activities, as defined in the delegated tasks, according to standards, protocols and procedures:
• Construction and rehabilitation, transport, ICT, communications, vehicles and engines, equipment, installations, and infrastructures, etc. Including the installation and maintenance of functional office space(s) and lodging facilities in an adequate living conditions and all the equipment required as well as the proper use and maintenance of IT computers, soft wares, backups, etc. and the communication tools and means in the mission
• Water, Heath and sanitation activities
• Planning, supervising and implementing, in close coordination with the HR Coordinator, the associated processes (recruitment, training, briefing/debriefing, performance evaluation, detection of potential, development and internal communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and amount of knowledge required.
• Ensuring technical support to his/her team as well as to all other teams in the mission
• Defining and monitoring the technical aspects of the risk reduction policy, transport, communication, protection, identification, and preparation of the technical aspects of the mission security policy and guidelines, evacuation plan and contingency plan, performing day-to day monitoring of the application of security rules and reporting to the HoM of any problem
• Performing tasks delegated by the Logistics Coordinator, as specified in his/her job description
• Regular visit on the field (40% of the time)
• Regular gap filling on the field (several weeks or month)
• Wide technical competencies in electricity, construction, watsan, ICT, mechanic and biomed
• Will be the technical referent for all log team in mission
• Supervise directly all technical support in coordination or in the field (Information System specialist, Biomed…)
• Person has to be available at all times and be ready to travel to other locations decided by the mission
Requirements for the role:
-Essential Technical degree in technical/ logistics degree/diploma (in electricity/ mechanic/ construction/ WATSAN).
-Essential working experience of at least two years (2 years) in relevant jobs
-Desirable experience with NGOs in developing countries.
-Previous experience in managerial position
-Previous working experience in at least 1 or 2 logistics families.
Languages: Essential fluency in English, Arabic and Kurdish
Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel, outlook, internet)
What Client offer:
The client guarantees a healthy, friendly and professional work environment, Legal contract, career development and offers good package & benefits.
- How to apply If you're interested and have the required qualifications, please send you CV to: [email protected] subjected as " Country Deputy Logistics Coordinator" . Or apply https://www.worldwide-rs.com/job/country-deputy-logistics-coordinator-jobid-j30023