WRS Kurdistan is looking to hire local candidates for the position of Country Deputy Medical Coordinator, for one of our international humanitarian organization clients in Erbil.
Type of work: Full time
Place of work: Erbil – and all mission locations
Deadline for application: 19/January/2021
Main purpose of the job:
Supporting the Medical Coordinator through delegated tasks and responsibilities including defining, leading, and coordinating the entire medical scope of the mission, according to protocols, standards, policies and values, in order to ensure the quality of the medical care given to the targeted population and thus improving their overall health and living conditions. Fully assuming the medical coordinator’s responsibilities in case of absence.
• Supporting the Medical Coordinator in defining, monitoring, and updating the medical content of the country policy and annual plan, by scanning health needs and translating them into objectives, priorities and resources needed to cover medical and humanitarian needs of the population at risk.
• At the request of the Medical Coordinator, representing INGO before third parties concerning medical issues, ensuring its good public image and the alignment with the mission interests, through regular contacts with other actors in the country, negotiating with authorities when necessary, and informing on INGO charter, values and principles
• Participating and contributing in the definition and update of the country policy, annual plan and budgets in order to develop the projects and programmes aimed at addressing humanitarian issues at stake ensuring its efficiency and quality ( i.e. monitoring the project implementation, assisting the Project Coordinator and the medical teams in drafting the project proposal and follow up, identifying priority needs, other potential areas of action and emergency situations and collaborating and assisting in the production of medical reports)
• Coaching, training and motivating the teams in the mission in order to align all field staff with values and ethics, and ensuring their capability to carry out their job achieving quality standards (i.e. induction, briefing/debriefing, training, potential detection, evaluation)
• Collaborating, together with the logistics department and according to project needs, in the pharmacy management in order to ensure enough and quality supply of drugs and medical material (i.e. review of medical orders and monitoring of medicines consumption and stock levels of the different projects)
• Assisting in defining and implementing the staff health and security policies for international and national staff in order to ensure its overall safety (i.e. monitors both physical and mental health state of staff, promotes compliance of all related protocols and procedures and collaborates in the update of issues regarding the security context)
• Ensuring the Medical Coordination in the Mission and fully assuming the Medical Coordinator’s tasks and responsibilities in case of absence/gaps.
• Ensuring technical and managerial support to field teams through regular visits to the projects.
• Covering the absence of PMR position in the projects du to sick leaves, holidays or delayed arrivals.
• Active participation in exploratory visits and emergency interventions helping the Coordination with needs identification and intervention proposals.
• Person has to be available at all times and be ready to travel to other locations decided by the mission
Requirements for the role:
-Essential bachelor’s degree in medicine, Master degree in Public Health is an asset.
-Other paramedical studies or basic epidemiology is an asset.
-Training in tropical medicine or Public Health will be an asset.
-Essential 2 years’ experience in Iraqi Public Health System (Clinical skills are essential and managerial experience is an asset) with good knowledge of Iraqi (and Kurdistan) health systems organization, Knowledge of MOH medical and medico-legal protocols/guidelines.
-Desirable previous experience in relevant jobs, with other NGO’s in developing countries
-Good networking and negotiations skills
-Capacity to work in a constant changing environment and under pressure.
-Good Capacity of medical data gathering and analysis, context analysis and strategic vision.
-Reports writing skills.
-Flexibility to move, at short notice, to the projects and stay there for short or medium length of time.
-Authorization from MoH/DoH to work 100% with an INGO (Non-objection letter)
Languages: Essential English, Arabic and Kurdish
Knowledge: Essential computer literacy (word, excel, outlook, internet, ect)
What Client offer:
The client guarantees a healthy, friendly, and professional work environment, Legal contract, career development and offers good package & benefits.
- How to apply If you're interested and have the required qualifications, please send you CV to [email protected] subjected as " Country Deputy Medical Coordinator " . Or apply below https://www.worldwide-rs.com/job/country-deputy-medical-coordinator-jobid-j30026