The Country Manager Iraq manages the overall implementation of the Country Programme (country-specific projects and delegated country components under regional programmes) and team/office in Mosul-Iraq.
The Country Manager carries end responsibility for the targets set forth in the national annual plans. (S)he represents SPARK legally towards the Federal Iraq authorities as to the SPARK national legal representative.
The Country Manager will report to the Regional Programme Director.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
The responsibilities and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Is responsible for the timely implementation, coordination and quality oversight of all SPARK projects and programmes in Iraq (excluding Kurdistan Region of Iraq), as per agreement with donors and partner organizations.
- Represents SPARK towards Iraqi Government authorities (local and central), local partners and other relevant national institutions.
- Serve as the legal representative for SPARK vis-a-vis federal Government authorities in Bagdad and Mosul and ensure that all administrative requirements are fulfilled as per local laws and regulations
- Is responsible for the team management and serves as people manager for all SPARK staff in the Mosul office.
- Ensure Monitoring and Evaluation and Reporting of all programmes executed for the Iraq projects as agreed with donors.
- Establish and maintain strategic relationships with relevant stakeholders and cooperation partners working in Iraq, especially education partners, local universities and governmental institutions.
- Ensure smooth progress of organizational and logistical matters linked to the projects;
- Ensure budget adherence and project documentation related to the Country Programme according to internal procedures and donor requirements.
- Provide input on Iraq for Regional and global level reporting
- Supervise and assist national staff in developing personal work plans and achieving individual targets. Promote on the job learning.
- Ensure a Security Plan for the Office is in place.
- Promote SPARK values.
- Work in compliance with SPARK policies and procedures.
- Other tasks when required.
Requirements and Skills
- Advanced academic degree in relevant discipline for international development, preferably related to (higher) education or entrepreneurship and business development issues.
- Minimum 8 years experience with large multi-donor programme implementation and team management
- Proven experience with jobs creation and private sector cooperation
- Good understanding of the political environment and operational space in Iraq
- Experience in managing teams with members of diverse backgrounds.
- Experience with higher education
- Extensive network in Mosul and Baghdad with authorities, stakeholders, universities and the private sector
- Native or bilingual proficiency in Arabic
- Full professional proficiency in English
- A challenging and exciting position in an international environment;
- Remuneration based on experience and full-time contract (40h/per week)
- A dynamic working environment and a great team
- Address Mosul, Iraq
- Salary Offer To be discussed at the interview
- How to apply If you have any questions regarding SPARK or the position, please visit our website www.spark-online.org. Please apply through SPARK’s online application platform at https://vacancy.spark-online.org/Tab1/LoadProfileFromVacancy/320 The deadline for application is 16th April 2021. Reference: Country Manager Iraq All applications will be assessed on a rolling basis; interviews can therefore take place before the application deadline. However, due to the large volume of applications we receive, we cannot respond to every applicant individually. There may be a delay between the deadline and the moment we contact selected applicants. If you have not received a reply we regret to inform you that we have continued with other candidates.
- Job Reference Country Manager Iraq