PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The Country Manager is responsible for all operations and business development in Kurdistan, Iraq within the framework of the Company’s policies and procedures and in compliance of applicable regulations. Responsibilities include overseeing the development of the company’s Kurdistan, Iraq office, personnel and overall presence in the country. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and driving forward the Erbil office, filed operations and begin to grow the local team in keeping the countries target of increase national workers
• This position will be responsible for all the Company’s activities in Kurdistan, Iraq including but not limited to develop strategy and lead business development in Kurdistan Iraq, identifying the proper resources, partnerships, etc.
• Establish strong relationships with regulatory officials, current and potential industry partners, service providers, etc., to allow the company to succeed in all phases of the business within Kurdistan, Iraq.
• Supervise the operations of the local office in Erbil city.
• Advise the Kurdistan, Iraq team on opportunities, growth and challenges in Kurdistan, Iraq.
• Ensure compliance with local regulations and international law, representing the Company in meetings with regulatory authorities.
• Communicate with the headquarter in the UAE across functions to ensure they are fully informed of all significant operational and commercial advancements and issues.
• Support and model safety standards.
• Provide strong leadership to the Kurdistan, Iraq team, including training and mentoring.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
Degree Qualified in business, engineering, finance, geology or related field.
• 20+ Experience senior manager coming from an operator background.
• Experienced in implementing safety systems in cultures where they aren’t a priority.
• Strong international experience, preferably in an emerging market.
• Minimum of 10 years of business development and commercial experience in Oil & Gas exploration and development.
• Experience in developing early-stage entities and developing effective office infrastructures.
Prefer experience in an onshore environment and international operations.
• Culturally sensitive and able to adapt to a new country quickly.
• Proven ability to establish personal and commercial networks within industry.
• Handles stressful situations and quickly resolves matters that impact operations.
• Ability to build relationships, strong communication skills and understand different cultures.
• Strong team player who demonstrates the highest level of professionalism and credibility.
• Ability to work in a target driven environment under tight deadlines.
• Assertive, strong communication skills and ability to influence.
• Able to organize and prioritize a diverse and heavy workload for a team.
• Has a strong sense of integrity and the ability to deal with ethical situations effectively.
- Address Erbil USD Month