This position is responsible of ensuring that the Company’s health, safety goals and initiatives are in compliance with Parker Drilling Policies and Procedures and Client Requirements related to COVID-19 pandemic.
- Interfaces with rig crew and monitors activities to promote a healthy environment.
- Implements the project Pandemic Plan and monitors its implementation and effectiveness using the Pandemic Plan Checklist.
- Mentors personnel regarding client’s “Covid-19 Controls and Protocols” and Parker Pandemic Plan procedures and standards to promote understanding and implementation across the Kurdistan Division.
- Updates the IDEP (Infectious Disease Emergency Plan) and communicates the changes to all concerned parties.
- Prepares and distributes the Weekly COVID-19 SITREP.
- Is constantly following up on Quarantine Camp’s status.
- Maintains and updates a log with the quarantined personnel and PCR tests.
- Develops and maintains a log with the personnel that have received the vaccine.
- Provides guidance to supervisors on an identified Probable Case. Checks and provides status updates on the Isolation Rooms from the site and Quarantine Camp.
- Actively assists Parker Drilling HSE Supervisor, providing pandemic related information and indicators.
- Reports any COVID-19 confirmed cases and probable cases for Parker Drilling and Client using the Parker Drilling reporting format (IndustrySafe) and actively participates in identifying close contacts.
- Provides daily updates on CDC recommendations and legislation adopted by the local authorities that can potentially affect business in the light of the coronavirus outbreak.
- Together with the WHSE Supervisor checks the COVID-19 related supplies, storage area and re-fills stocks when needed.
- Inducts all newly arrived personnel including visitors on COVID-19 Controls and Protocols.
Necessary qualifications, skills and abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must have High School Diploma.
- Should have at least 5 years of work experience.
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills and able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors. Being multi-lingual is required.
- Must have CPR and First Aid certification.
- HUET, WSO, CSP, STCW or equivalent certification is preferred.
- Must understand, interpret and implement applicable regulations within regulatory jurisdiction.
- Must be able to understand and work mathematical equations.
- Capacity to work effectively under pressure in ambiguous and complex situations.
- Ability to work independently with multiple people at many levels and work as part of a team.
- Professional relationship and interpersonal skills with strong customer service attitude.
- Excellent time management skills to prioritize and manage multiple requests from various avenues, and the ability to change direction in response to fluctuating circumstances.
- Must be able to problem solve.
- Must be a self-motivator and work without close supervision.
- Must be able to prioritize jobs and work under tight time constraints.
- Must have excellent computer skills to include all MS Office products.
Additional qualifications, skills and abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Initiating & Driving Change • Acts as a catalyst for and takes responsibility for leading, directing, and managing organizational change • Develops new insights into situations and applies innovative solutions • Creates work environment that encourages creative thinking and innovation • Drives step changes in how the company operates • Understands how to change and addresses not only systems and processes, but also cultural aspects of change • Is good at bringing the creative ideas of others to market • Develops a change strategy that includes milestones and timelines • Accurately assesses the potential barriers and resources necessary for change initiatives • Understands and supports the need for change • Envisions and articulates the intended result of the change process • Provides direction and focus during the change process • Helps to generate support of the changes throughout the organization • Identifies and enlists allies who support the change process • Provides resources, removes barriers, and acts as an advocate for those initiating change
- Result Focused • Establishes clear, specific performance goals, expectations, and priorities • Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully • Is constantly and consistently one of the top performers • Very bottom-line oriented • Steadfastly pushes self and others for results • Navigates quickly and effectively to resolve problems and obstacles • Persists to complete tasks / responsibilities, even in the face of difficulties • Develops a sense of urgency in others to complete tasks • Operates with personal ownership and looks for ways to improve performance all the time • Challenges him- or herself and others to raise the bar on performance • Focuses people on critical activities that yield a high impact • Holds self and others accountable for delivering high-quality results on time and within budget (e.g., models high work standards and demands the same from others)
- Team Work • Blends people into teams when they are needed • Creates strong morale and spirit in his/her team • Shares wins and successes • Fosters open dialogue • Lets people finish and be responsible for their work • Seeks consensus among diverse viewpoints as a means of building group commitment • Defines success in terms of the whole team • Creates a feeling of belonging in the team • Values the contributions of all team members • Creates an environment that encourages open communication amongst team members • Creates an environment that encourages collective problem solving amongst team members
- Customer Focus • Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers • Gets first-hand customer information and uses it to understand customers’ business issues and needs for improvements in products and services • Acts with customer in mind • Establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect • Genuinely enjoys working with customers to build long-term partnerships • Creates a sense of customer focus throughout their team/ department/ business unit
Physical demands and work environment
- Ability to work around moving machinery
- Frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull, reach, and use repetitive wrist and hand movements.
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, reason logically, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to work in hazardous conditions (dust/gas/fumes/steam/chemicals)
- Address Parker Drilling Overseas BV House Number S5-6 New Azadi Compound New Baharka Street - 1065/27 Inkawa, Erbil, Iraq