Wood is currently recruiting for CSU Mechanical Engineer to strengthen our team in Basra, Iraq on 4/4 weeks off rotation.
The Primary purpose of this role is to plan, coordinate, and provide discipline CSU support to Production Projects to achieve targets in a safe and efficient manner; to ensure projects deliver on original promises for production, ramp-up, availability, and are fully ready for the introduction of hydrocarbon and start up. This position requires the CSU Mechanical Engineer to play a critical role in helping to deliver the projects using client standards, processes and procedures and he will normally be present at the work sites daily to oversee the projects.
The CSU Engineer will also provide support to client plant improvements, turnarounds and major overhaul activities, as such strong experience in an operational maintenance role is an advantage.
- Provide technical expertise and deliver requirements for Commission and Startup projects at the various locations in accordance with industry best practice.
- Provide discipline technical support to other asset services activities, e.g. asset integrity reviews and improvement activities, shutdowns, maintenance and reliability.
- Support and advise punch-listing of systems and closeout of punch-list items
- Execution of the Commissioning & Start Up Plan and Pre-Commissioning/Commissioning Execution Plan.
- Provide input to Pre-Commissioning and Commissioning Procedures, including Systems Testing Procedures.
- Assist and contribute to the Flawless start-up initiative.
- Support the Project to Asset Handover strategy to align with Operations handover requirements.
- Provide quality assurance and coaching on systems acceptance and punch listing activities undertaken by the Operations team.
- Promote a Flawless Project Delivery (FPD) approach within the Project Teams and Operations to ensure a cost effective and quick ramp up to targets
- Work closely with project and operations to help develop SU team skills and competency requirements.
- Participate in Peer reviews on start up and operating procedures.
- Work closely with Project and Operations personnel to meet the commissioning and start up milestones.
- Liaise with the projects and contractor teams.
- Ensure risks to the CSU schedule are identified and raised early.
- Assist to Produce punch lists, acceptance documentation, site and technical queries.
- Assist to ensure close out of outstanding work and punch items, prior to systems being accepted for commissioned.
- Provide input into the preparation of the maintenance plans in line with Operations & Maintenance philosophy, Maintenance/Integrity strategies; ensure maintenance tasks are developed based on best practices, vendor’s recommendations, results of appropriate analyses;
- Provide input to the definition and preventive maintenance requirements for SCE’s;
- Assist in the review of relevant Operational Excellence elements.
- Provide input to the CSU Safety Strategies and promote safe practice for personnel and safe operation of production assets
- CSU Engineers are required to work daily in the operating worksites, leading improvements by maintaining full compliance with PPE and safety standards in challenging conditions.
- Ability to work effectively with all different functions in the JV and with Project Teams
- Obtaining equipment maintenance information including status , results, etc., in a site with minimal original construction or maintenance records.
- Physically challenging working environment.
- SIMOPS support to ensure flawless integration of rehabilitated, rejuvenated and newly constructed facilities within facilities still in production
- Technical Certifications, 10+ years experience in a gas and oil industry, minimum 5 years in senior position, CSU experience preferred.
- Good technical communication skills;
- Ability to interact with members of projects, contractor and asset teams;
- Capable of giving direction and guidance on CSU planning & reporting;
- Extensive knowledge of Rotating equipment and related plant systems in order to evaluate and rank risks.
- Good understanding of rotating equipment control, operation and maintenance
- Good understanding of materials, construction, installation, commissioning, and startup
Key Competencies Required
- Demonstrated evidence of Enterprise first values and behaviors will be taken into account during the selection process.
- Commissioning & Start Up of Facilities
- Flawless Project Delivery: Knowledge
- Builds Shared Vision: Skill
- Champions Customer and Stakeholder Focus: Knowledge
- Maximizes Business Opportunities: Awareness
- Demonstrates Self Mastery: Knowledge
- Demonstrates Courage: Skill
- Motivates, Coaches and Develops: Skill
- Values Difference: Knowledge
- Delivers Results Through Others: Knowledge
- Provide Leadership in HSSE: Knowledge
- Apply Effective Management of HSSE Risk: Knowledge
- Understanding of relevant standards, procedures, business processes and methodologies: Skill
- Rotating Equipment Operations, Control, Maintenance Systems: Skill
- Facility Layout, Equipment & Piping: Knowledge
- Work Planning Resource & Schedule Management : Knowledge