Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for CSU Rotating/Mechanical Engineer to strengthen our team in Basra, Iraq on 6/6 weeks off rotation.
The Primary purpose of this role is to plan, coordinate, and provide discipline CSU support to Production Projects to achieve targets in a safe and efficient manner; to ensure projects deliver on original promises for production, ramp-up, availability, and are fully ready for the introduction of hydrocarbon and start up. This position requires the CSU Rotating Equipment Engineer to play a critical role in helping to deliver the projects using BGC standards, processes and procedures and he will normally be present at the work sites daily to oversee the projects.
The CSU Engineer will also provide support to BGC plant improvements, turnarounds and major overhaul activities, as such strong experience in an operational maintenance role is an advantage.
- Provide technical expertise and deliver requirements for Commission and Startup projects at the various locations in accordance with industry best practice.
- Provide discipline technical support to other asset services activities, e.g. asset integrity reviews and improvement activities, shutdowns, maintenance and reliability.
- Support and advise punchlisting of systems and closeout of punchlist items
- Execution of the Commissioning & Start Up Plan and Pre-Commissioning/Commissioning Execution Plan.
- Provide input to Pre-Commissioning and Commissioning Procedures, including Systems Testing Procedures.
- Assist and contribute to the Flawless start-up initiative.
- Support the Project to Asset Handover strategy to align with Operations handover requirements.
- Provide quality assurance and coaching on systems acceptance and punch listing activities undertaken by the BGC Operations team.
- Promote a Flawless Project Delivery (FPD) approach within the Project Teams and Operations to ensure a cost effective and quick ramp up to targets
- Work closely with project and operations to help develop SU team skills and competency requirements.
- Participate in Peer reviews on start up and operating procedures.
- Work closely with Project and Operations personnel to meet the commissioning and start up milestones.
- Liaise with the BGC projects and contractor teams.
- Ensure risks to the CSU schedule are identified and raised early.
- Assist to Produce punch lists, acceptance documentation, site and technical queries.
- Assist to ensure close out of outstanding work and punch items, prior to systems being accepted for commissioned.
- Provide input into the preparation of the maintenance plans in line with Operations & Maintenance philosophy, Maintenance/Integrity strategies; ensure maintenance tasks are developed based on best practices, vendor’s recommendations, results of appropriate analyses;
- Provide input to the definition and preventive maintenance requirements for SCE’s;
- Assist in the review of relevant Operational Excellence elements.
- Provide input to the CSU Safety Strategies and promote safe practice for personnel and safe operation of production assets.
- Annual budget or financial business dimensions that the position either directly controls or indirectly influences:
- Support maintenance & integrity plus flawless project delivery to ensure asset availability and technical integrity.
- Ensuring practices which maintain the asset value and safety of BGC workers
- The position plays a key role in ensuring integrity and safeguarding the ultimate operability of the overall investments, safeguarding the success of current investment.
- 2 Gas Processing Plants (each around 700 MMscfd capacity)
- Gas, LPG, NGL Storage and Export Facilities
- 18 Compressor Stations
- Network of 1000 km interconnecting pipelines over 22,000 km2 area
- 5000 local workers
Internal relationship: Project Leads, OR/CSU Team, Project Services, Operations and Maintenance
External relationship: Various Discipline Leadership Teams, Project Management Teams, Operating Asset/Operations Management Teams, Contractors and Service providers.
- CSU Rotating Equipment Engineers are required to work daily in the operating worksites, leading improvements by maintaining full compliance with PPE and safety standards in challenging conditions.
- Ability to work effectively with all different functions in the JV and with Project Teams
- Obtaining equipment maintenance information including status , results, etc., in a site with minimal original construction or maintenance records.
- Physically challenging working environment.
- SimOps support to ensure flawless integration of rehabilitated, rejuvenated and newly constructed facilities within facilities still in production
Skills / Qualifications
- Technical Certifications, 5+ years experience in a gas and oil industry, minimum 5 years in senior position, CSU experience preferred.
- Good technical communication skills;
- Ability to interact with members of projects, contractor and BGC asset teams;
- Capable of giving direction and guidance on CSU planning & reporting;
- Extensive knowledge of Rotating equipment and related plant systems in order to evaluate and rank risks.
- Good understanding of rotating equipment control, operation and maintenance
- Good understanding of materials, construction, installation, commissioning, and startup
Key Competencies Required
- Demonstrated evidence of Enterprise first values and behaviors will be taken into account during the selection process.
- Commissioning & Start Up of Facilities:Skills
- Flawless Project Delivery: Knowledge
- Builds Shared Vision: Skill
- Champions Customer and Stakeholder Focus: Knowledge
- Maximizes Business Opportunities: Awareness
- Demonstrates Self Mastery: Knowledge
- Demonstrates Courage: Skill
- Motivates, Coaches and Develops: Skill
- Values Difference: Knowledge
- Delivers Results Through Others: Knowledge
- Provide Leadership in HSSE: Knowledge
- Apply Effective Management of HSSE Risk: Knowledge
- Understanding of relevant standards, procedures, business processes and methodologies: Skill
- Rotating Equipment Operations, Control, Maintenance Systems: Skill
- Facility Layout, Equipment & Piping: Knowledge
- Work Planning Resource & Schedule Management : Knowledge
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Join the Talent Community
Interested in working for Wood? Take the first step today by joining our talent community. By joining the community, your chances of matching to the right role are increased, as our recruiters search the community daily to match open positions with member profiles.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!