Deutsche Post DHL (DPDHL) is the logistics provider of the world with over 520,000 employees in more than 220 countries and territories.
DHL Global Forwarding, Freight (DGFF) is the Group’s air, ocean, and road freight specialist.
We offer standardized transport as well as highly specialized end-to-end solutions to customers in a wide range of industries globally.
Connecting People. Improving Lives.
Currently, we are seeking a dynamic person to take on the role of Customs Operations Coordinator, based in Basrah. In this role, the successful candidate is responsible to support administration of customs and trade compliance activities to provide clearance of freight documentation through the relevant customs authorities in line with business strategy and objectives, corporate guidelines and policies.
If this exciting opportunity interests you and you meet the criteria below, please read on and apply
- Support delivery of customs and trade compliance processes and activities to optimize service and cost performance for customs clearance
- Provide administrative support for import/ export documentation such as receiving, reconciling, consolidating/ summarizing documents and information.
- Perform data capturing activities, feed data into customs operating system and set up master data for transactions
- Conduct pre-alert screenings of paperwork, update documentation/ standard operating procedures and support in documentation archiving processes.
- Execute filing of customs entries and post-entry work/ transactions
- Update and maintain customer part lists.
- Track performance targets, update shipment information and physical status
- Research duty, tax and billing issues/ discrepancies raised by internal and external customers
- Undertake best practices and quality audits to ensure adherence to set quality, accuracy and timeliness of activities
- Gather and collate data to draft reports and updates for performance monitoring to support other team members
- Achieve compliance with established regulations and ensure proper usage of customs processes and policies
- Resolve recurring issues faced during delivery as per defined processes, systems and methods.
- Research, identify and obtain the permits, licenses, and certificates required for customs clearance and general customs formalities.
- Advice customers on legal (e.g. trade compliance – shipments to sanctioned countries) and customs topics.
- Contact customs authorities
- Study issues, determine opportunities and introduce best practices for customer operations focusing on increasing effectiveness and efficiency
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience.
- Deep knowledge of forwarding business;
- Strong analytical skills and good communication skills;
- Strong problem-solving mentality.
- Required – experience of working with Saudi customs.
- Required – good knowledge of market.
- Good command of English and Arabic.
- Opportunities in a global company where you can contribute your ideas and skills to move towards our shared goals.
- Flexible working hours with the possibility of occasionally working from home upon agreement
- Possible further career development
- Competitive salary
Why join DHL Global Forwarding?
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
Our TOP EMPLOYER prestigious certification attests to our best-in-class efforts to attract and retain talent by fostering a positive work environment and encouraging personal and professional development among employees. The development of talented women in our organization will be a focus for us and an important part of our DGF Strategy 2025.
We aspire to become the undisputed leader in our industry, when people think of forwarding; we want them to think DGF because we have:
- The largest global network with more than ~30,000 passionate employees
- The most efficient processes and fastest response times
- The best solutions and best customer service
Our Vision: The Logistics Company for the World.
Our Mission: Excellence. Simply Delivered.
Our Purpose: Connecting People, improving lives.
Our Values: Respect & Results
Our Goals: Employer, Provider, and Investment of Choice, Living Responsibility
DHL Global Forwarding is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.