IFES is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment/promotions and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic. IFES takes affirmative action with respect to the employment and promotion of women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and covered veterans. IFES will also take affirmative action on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity.
About IFES’ Iraq Program:
Since 2003, IFES has provided technical electoral assistance to Iraqi authorities and civil society stakeholders. IFES has provided advice to these stakeholders on incorporating electoral processes into Iraq’s post-conflict transition and establishing a legal and institutional framework for elections, including the creation of an independent election body.
The overall objective of IFES’s current electoral assistance program is to support the Independent High Elections Commission (IHEC) in planning and conducting credible elections and ensuring integrity of the electoral process. IFES Iraq Provincial Election Activity (IPEA) project provides technical and operational assistance to the IHEC.
IFES seeks a Data Analyst who will work, under the guidance of IFES Country Director, with the IFES Iraq team and the IHEC to analyze 2021 parliamentary elections outcomes.
Data Analyst will have the following specific responsibilities and will provide the following deliverables:
· Based on the available data, perform a statistical analysis and produce maps of the election results, taking into account voter turnout, gender and other breakdowns are required.
· Based on the available data, perform a statistical analysis and produce maps of electoral complaints, taking into account their geographical composition, type and impact on the election results.
· Based on the available data, perform a statistical analysis and produce maps of electoral incidents and complaints, taking into account their geographical composition, type and impact on the election results.
· Before deployment to Iraq develop a schedule and methodology for briefing and trainings to support the IHEC in developing statistical tools for election results analysis and introduce some forensics methods to detect electoral irregularities.
· Upon deployment to Iraq, conduct the above mentioned briefings and trainings.
· Provide statistical assistance in conducting election lessons learned exercise.
· Write a final report on the assignment including recommendations for the IHEC.
· Minimum of ten years of relevant work experience directly related to data analyzing and specifically in elections;
· Bachelors degree or equivalent in relevant discipline; Masters preferred.
· Experience in providing specialized technical assistance, capacity building, and training to election stakeholders;
· Ability to identify creative, practical approaches to overcome challenging situations.
· Demonstrated understanding of the issues and challenges of the existing electoral system in Iraq;
· Familiarity with political, economic, and social issues in Iraq and/or the MENA region;
· Written and spoken English language skills is required;
· Ability to manage and develop strong local relationships;
· Experience in working with USAID-funded programs is a plus.
Successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
· Team player with excellent interpersonal/representational skills;
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
· Ability to builds strong relationship with counterparts, focusing on impact and results;
· Ability to lead effectively, mentoring as well as conflict resolution skills;
· Proven networking, team-building, organizational, and communication skills;
· Capacity to work under pressure, manage stress and adapt to rapidly evolving situations;
· Sound time management and organized skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks;
· Ability to work in a multicultural environment with sound understanding and capability to empower and develop the capacity of national counterparts;
· Proven management experience with sound knowledge and experience in all aspects of project cycle;
· Flexibility and willingness to live and work in hazardous conditions.