Data Service Lead – 12 Months Contract – 28 x 28 Rotation – Iraq
Required:- 5+ Years of Experience working in Data Analytics or Data Management in Large Organizations in Large Scale Data Management & Integration Projects. Database Management Systems & Best Practices (T-SQL; MDX; PLSQL; DAX;). Data Modelling (Erwin; other Data Modelling Tools). Data Storage & ETL processes (DataStage| Informatica/ SSIS). Data Analytics & Reporting tools (Power BI, SAP BI, Spotfire, SSRS, Python, R). Experience with Large Scale Data Cleansing & Consolidation Projects. Experienced with Spatial Data Management (FME, ESRI ArcGIS). Data Governance Strategy with experience in Business Analytics for Data Projects. Good experience in Data Project Design, Documentation & exceptional communication skills. Leadership
All flights, accommodation, food, heatlhcare and more will be paid for you
As a Data Service Lead, you are expected to contribute at every stage of the Upstream value chain & have the potential to make a significant impact on how efficiently & effectively our business operates.
The Data Service Lead is expected to analyse the Data related needs of the organization & use their respective experience to strategize & govern Data Management & Data Analytics in the organization
The Data Service Lead will provide a vision & strategy for all data management activities. You are a champion for global data management, governance, quality, & vendor relationships across the enterprise.
Data Service Lead Key Accountabilities
- Accountable for the silent running of data operations across the businesses
- Promote Data Standardization & eliminate data management inefficiencies surrounding data ingestion, cleansing, transformation, migration & analytics
- Develop a thorough knowledge of Business Functionalities & departmental data management processes across businesses
- Manage, Train & Lead the Data Engineers & DBA to support Data management activities & practices
- Responsible for embedding best practices via training, coaching, & mentoring & ensuring alignment with global best practices in tools, data standards, data behaviours & data governance practices
- Feedback continuous improvement suggestions to departmental Leads in & out of the IT department.
- Define & utilize Statistical tools to solve industry-specific problems in varying fields, such as economics & engineering
- Oversight of Data governance processes, contributing to &, as appropriate, complying with data governance resolutions
- Responsible for ensuring a proper definition of a data ownership model for all functions based on global standards
- Accountable for communicating requirements for additional & changes to relevant data applications, information systems, & infrastructure within the departments
- Responsible for investigating integration & security requirements around any standard solution, local implementation, etc.
- Determine & enforce specific security & privacy requirements for each piece of data, especially related to privacy laws, industry regulations, & corporate compliance mandates.
- Responsible for educating the business users concerning proper uses of data assets
- Report updates & discuss Data management strategies with IT&S Application & Data Manager weekly
- Must determine the company’s current data quality & maturity levels – of which there are five
- Must establish enterprise standards – including a uniform & repeatable system development lifecycle methodology. For instance, there’s a common set of standards for data naming, abbreviations, & acronyms.
- Take inventory of all unstructured data – the big data challenge – determining its format, security, ownership, & quality. Must also determine which unstructured data should – & shouldn’t – be captured.
Required Qualification Must have a Full-time bachelor’s degree in Pure Science or Computer Science or Engineering with Mathematics
Good to have
• 2 – 3 years Masters’ Degree in Computer Science (majoring in Data Analytics)
• Other Degree/Diploma/Certification | Full-time/Part-Time/Online in Data analytics
Good to Have:
• Data Warehousing & Big Data Technologies
• Extensive knowledge of Oil Field Processes & Functionalities
• Experience in managing Data Governance Projects for Large Oil Fields
With over 90 years’ combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world’s leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.