International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Database Consultant – Iraq
Reports To: Chief of Party
Classification: This is a part-time consultancy and is not eligible for overtime pay.
LOE: 10 hours a week
Overview: The Database Consultant will assess the existing database and develop recommendations and an action plan to modify the existing database into a cloud-based data system. The Database Consultant will provide ongoing management of the system by entering, tracking, and analyzing data and providing the Chief of Party and Senior Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist with specialized quality control and data analyses for reports to the USAID/Iraq Mission.
The Database Consultant will work collaboratively with other members of the project and other IBTCI offices to ensure that project objectives in research and evaluation are achieved. This position is based in Baghdad. This position is open to Iraqi Nationals only.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
The responsibilities of the Database Consultant include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Maintains database results by setting and enforcing standards and controls.
- Preparing for database expansion by studying plans and requirements; advising the team;
- Coordinating design and programming.
- Keeping the Chief of Party informed by preparing reports on system performance and problems.
- Upgrading hardware and software by assessing transaction processing and database production options.
- Maintaining database performance by troubleshooting problems
- Accomplishing platform upgrades and improvements by supervising system programming.
- Securing database by developing policies, procedures, and controls.
- Other duties as assigned.
Serve in the above consultant capacity to support the IBTCI technical practices of Crisis, Conflict & Governance, Agriculture & Food Security & Economic, Education & Growth and Global Health and/or Business Development divisions.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to directly communicate with IBTCI clients.
- This position does not authorize/require the consultant to have decision making authority on final work product.
- Data Maintenance,
- Database Management,
- Promoting Process Improvement,
- Presenting Technical Information,
- Database Design, Reporting Skills,
- Quality Focus, Technical Understanding,
- Attention to Detail, Thoroughness, Requirements Analysis
- Fluent in written and spoken Arabic and English
- 2-5 years working experience with USG donors, USAID or other similar internationals donors.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience working with international development, particularly USAID monitoring data.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in Iraq.