AUIB as a new American University in Iraq is committed to supporting, economic and cultural development of Iraq through the development of an innovative, comprehensive and accessible higher continuing education provision, to be rolled out in the coming years. Together with Pharmacy, plans are already well advanced for the development of a range of health-related colleges in the university, to include Medicine, Nursing and Dentistry all of which will be coming on stream in the next year
We invite applications and nominations for the position of Dean of the College of Pharmacy.
AUIB seeks a strategic, collaborative, values-driven leader to serve as its next Dean of the College of Pharmacy. The Dean will set a bold and ambitious vision for AUIB Pharmacy that harnesses the talent, creativity and diversity.
This position will be responsible for:
- In consultation with the chairs/directors of the concerned departments/divisions and appropriate committees, as specified in the policies, recommend to the VP Academic Affairs the appointment, tenure, promotion, retention, sabbatical leave, annual salary increase and retirement actions of any faculty members and administrative officers of the College.
- Recruit and retain the College’s faculty and staff in response to programmatic needs and encourage their professional development.
- Developing the curriculum of the College.
- Ensuring the effective delivery of the academic programs of the College.
- Developing a coherent teaching and learning strategy in the College.
- Developing and implementing the College’s assessment system.
- Securing the necessary accreditation and regulatory associated with the profession and practice of Pharmacy.
- Establishing the necessary academic quality assurance system within the College, in the line with those of the University as a whole.
- Overseeing the appointment of academic staff and all other technical and support staff to the College.
- Preparing and managing the annual budget of the College.
- Lead the research strategy of the College.
- In consultation with the Council, the Faculty Assembly, or independently as appropriate, appoint members to standing and ad hoc committees as needed for the proper operation of the College.
- Serve as Chairperson of the Council and preside over the Faculty Assembly during special meetings to recommend the granting of degrees and certificates.
- Represent the College at meetings of the university, professional associations, governmental agencies and other groups.
- Create an environment that facilitates research and scholarly activity.
- Develop and promote public service among members of the College of Pharmacy and the community.
- Promote the College of Pharmacy through fund-raising and alumni activities.
- Delegate duties to appropriate individuals or groups whenever indicated.
- Assume other responsibilities and perform other duties as may be prescribed by the Board of Trustees, the President, Provost, Associate Provost Health and VP Academic Affairs the Vice President or other appropriate administrative officers of the University.
- Overseeing all academic and technical staff.
Candidates for this position must have:
- PharmD, Ph.D. or highest professional qualification in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Medicinal Chemistry, Pharmacology, Biomedical Sciences or related academic field.
- Leadership experience in relevant academic Institutions / Universities for at least 10 years.
- Evidence of academic and research innovations with a track record of scholarly and professional practice leadership in the field.
- Demonstrated success in enhancing and advancing patient care, education, and research programs.
- Demonstrated success in securing private, corporate, and/or governmental support to advance the college’s mission.
- Demonstrated success in managing and leading a complex organization undergoing change.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills; the ability to listen and understand the needs of faculty, staff, and students; and the ability to build strong relationships with internal and external constituents.
- Develops and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives across the College and amongst faculty, staff and students.
- Effective decision-making skills.
- Solid understanding of pharmacy practice, procedures, and scheduling.
- Demonstrated accomplishments in research and scholarship.
The Dean of College of Pharmacy will report directly to the Vice President of Academic Affairs.
Procedure for Candidacy: Applications should include a cover letter addressing qualifications for the position, a curriculum vitae, current formal photo and the names and contact information for three (3) professional references, within the last three (3) years. Applications and nominations will be accepted until the position is filled. Confidential review of materials and screening of candidates will begin immediately.
Please send your application with supporting documents to the email address: